Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Everyone here has been incredibly kind and supportive, and Iā€™ve honestly never enjoyed writing any story more than I have Mind Blind. Having an open alpha was scary (Iā€™m not accustomed to people reading my rough drafts!). Thereā€™s a lot that still needs work and polish, and Iā€™ve had to shelve some feedback for later edits. But letting MB be partially shaped and guided by readers has been the best decision I could have made.

50 Likes

How do you do this? XD
Thank you :heart:

4 Likes

Oh nice

2 Likes

You can create a tripwire for K by going to Room 1 after Glitch and untangling the auxiliary cords, then asking Sally to create a tripwire out of them. (Note: Glitch will retangle the auxiliary cords if they enter Room 1 after you.) I donā€™t think K ever actually trips on your wire, thoughā€”poked around in the code and it looks like an auto-failure, which is a shame. I would have liked to see their face.

5 Likes

Thank you :heart:

Sad V_ V
And same
It will be funny and cute at the same time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Chapter 6 ended up being really long, so itā€™s now Chapter 6 and 7!

Playable Length: 183k

Average Playthrough: 48k

Patreon Release: Itā€™s already up! The link is posted over on Patreon

Public Release: January 31!

Just an FYI, while Iā€™ve yet to do the big save-wipe (it will happen in Chapter 10, when the public demo closes and I update the earlier chapters with my reworks), there will be issues if you play from a save beyond the beginning of Chapter 5. Variables for Sallyā€™s vision and the activities donā€™t reset, so whoever you first chose for the vision will keep triggering no matter who you choose, and youā€™ll only be able to pick one excursion. (Normal stat errors will occur as well, but those wonā€™t outright break anything except flavor text and dialogues and obviously the relationship/personality bars).

Also, thereā€™s so much Rosy in this update. So very much. (Poor Nick!) Most of Kā€™s bits got bumped to Chapter 7 when I divided the chapter in two, but they still play a VERY important role in this upcoming demo.

I mean, things get unredacted. Itā€™s all very exciting.

59 Likes

Ooh :heart_eyes: :partying_face: :smirk:

6 Likes

Yay to the update! tears to not getting more K yet, but I shall continue being patient lol

4 Likes

Being a K fan is pain :cry:

17 Likes

K is makes me want to kiss them and then kill them :smile_cat::kissing_cat::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Btw, in case anyone is wondering about the book strap method: I just did it successfully and my high stat was innovation. You have to measure the room (not sure if you have to go in after Glitch, but I did) then when talking to Sally, suggest making it so K is just never able to get in.

3 Likes

Tbf, we assume Glitch isnā€™t a Ment but sometimesā€¦ I wonder.

4 Likes

I think K can read minds right? But he is a bit boring tbh, he doesnā€™t talk too much and his dogs are the only interesting thing about him.

2 Likes

That would be an entertaining twist but I feel like Glitch would scoffs at the idea they need powers to be their amazing self. Itā€™s 100% natural baby, organic Glitch.

4 Likes

I mean weā€™ve not seen enough of them to even know, also thatā€™s mostly the surface level stuff about them. Itā€™s like describing Rosy, whoā€™s had less scenes than K, as our teacher and an asshole or Sally is kind and our best friend. Rosy and K havenā€™t had their own chapter yet with focus on them yet which is what Chapter 6 is for Rosy and Chapter 7 is for K.

4 Likes

Or lol Glitch is crazy and fun :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

4 Likes

Eh itā€™s my opinion. Iā€™ve replayed the game multiple times and K always comes across as a bit meh. We all have our least favourite RO and for me thats K lol

5 Likes

A gentle reminder for every patron reader to refrain from posting spoilers until the public demo is available for everyone. What happens in the Sanctum, stays in the Sanctum.

That being said, enjoy,

21 Likes

Seconding PKā€™s request to keep early Patreon release stuff to either the Sanctum of Spoilers or on the Patreon posts!

@Jackrabbit, could you please edit your post to make sure thereā€™s no spoilers about the Patreon demo in it until the public demo is released next week? Also . . . Iā€™d like to remind you that Noh is an option! So never fear, youā€™ll have an option for the kind of relationship you were eager to see :grin:

12 Likes

Gotcha, Iā€™ll just remove it then, apologies!

Haha, itā€™s true, if youā€™re looking for some problematic relationship dynamic itā€™s hard to do better than literal brainwashing!

8 Likes