"Mask of the Plague Doctor" -- Stop a deadly plague with medieval medicine!

@AnAnonymousone - this should be reported to support. Thank you.

Is it not possible to get a crown fellowship with Blake deposed? I made Couvet take her place, created innoculation, Found a semi functional cure and never failed an important check. I was still denied the fellowship.

It is impossible, only with her as a Mayor you can get into the Fellowship.

And it’s the best ending, IMO.

Do you always get kicked out from the manor if you investigate?

Yes, I believe so.

No, it’s actually not a mistake, but it’s obviously not written in such a way as to convey to the player what’s going on. Which is: the second option for the book only appears if you have a high enough mysticism stat your inner voice is supposed to be guiding you, like no really think about getting that one.

Finally I have the time to finish this today! I love it; I’ve been waiting for the final product since I read the WIP and finally reading it to completion somehow gives me a bittersweet feeling having to part with the characters. I’ve felt attached to the characters (including the animals!). Ioco and Alice are great; their banters and respect to each other despite having different view in almost everything; I know it’s trivial but I really enjoy the working and bounding relationship with the two of them.

Congrats @PParrish for the release!

4 Likes

Me after reading the book:

35 Likes

@AnAnonymousone Yeah, it’s as Mary described. I’ll be rewording this in an update to make it clearer what’s happening - thanks for pointing it out!

@princeraoden Currently impossible, the Crown really, really likes Sibyl being in charge. However… there is a route where you can implicate her (with evidence) in a significant crime. I need to take a closer look at the code and how it would work/impact the Fellowship ending, but I think I should add a path where the Baron waives the requirement for Sibyl to be mayor if you’ve exposed the crimes. No promises yet, but I think that would make sense.

@Avi Yep, I’m afraid that’s something which happens no matter what.

@Archtmag Thank you! Those were some of my favourite sections to write, really happy to hear they achieved the feelings I was aiming for :slight_smile:

@cup_half_empty This is incredible.

5 Likes

I’m not certain how to do that, tbh, sorry.

Additionally I kinda wanted to make sure, since it seemed like it might have intentional, but it seemed kind of strange so I thought Id bring it up. Other than this dot that confused me a touch everything else was really nice! It was a comfortable read and I absolutely love the rabbits, adored the little fluffs.

I’m really sorry, but, also, could I be pointed to where support is? For future reference…?

support AT choiceofgames DOT com

1 Like

Finished my first playthrough. Great game and has much replay value. Congrats @PParrish

2 Likes

I’m really loving the game so far but I have noticed one mistake:

I believe that’s supposed to be “their” hand. I got this during Chapter 5 after picking the “act coy” choice.

Thank you, that will be fixed!

3 Likes

Just finished my first playthrough…Good story so far…tho some parts felt exaggerated but it’s overall a good one…the romance seemed to be lacking imo…more options would have been better considering the number of characters available to interact…Also,a lack of choices at some parts where there should have been…For example,when Alice tries to be the test subject…I feel there should be an option where our character volunteers to be the test subject if he has high relationship with Alice or something along the line

2 Likes

Holy bummer this was the darkest story I have read so far I actually cured the Waking death but loosing the fox as A friend… I guess that doesn’t only Hurt the Npc

Good book so far without asking for spoilers is there A Happy End or are all endings more like bitter sweet?

1 Like

Spoilers…🤦 not everyone has finished reading
This is why I’m always reluctant to enter into forum topics of games I haven’t finished

All right, well, I am a physician who has faced the plague in real life, now it’s time to face it in the game!

EDIT: No I’m sorry, I don’t have a cool mask or mystical powers IRL.

8 Likes

UH, tell us more! Plague is endemic where I used to live in the American Southwest, and one or two people die of it every few years.

1 Like

Sorry I meant the current (Corona) plague.

However, I too am based in the Southwest, and have seen multiple cases of the local Cocciodio (a type of endemic fungus that causes lung infections.)

2 Likes