Hey friends! I’m the author of Moonrise, the queer femme werewolf game. As part of regular author life, I’ve been looking for opportunities for promotion and marketing. Does anyone have any favored blogs, review sites, or let’s play people they recommend?
I thought I’d share marketing leads I’ve found.
- Holy Mother of Yuri tumblr blog: She reviews women who love women (wlw) games and manga. Though I originally contacted the owner about doing a review, she suggested sponsoring a post instead. It worked out nicely and I think there was an uptick in sales.
- Vocaotome tumblr blog: She translates and reviews mostly Japanese otome games, but I’m in talks with her about reviewing Moonrise.
- LGBTQ Game Archive: this website archives all video games with LGBTQ game content. I’ve submitted entries with them before and it’s worked out well. I submitted Moonrise last week and it should show up soon.
- TheMarySue & Autostraddle: I’ve left tips in their anon tip box about Choice of Games, Moonrise, and the minor kerfuffle that happened when Moonrise was released, but no response so far. Maybe that’s not how to best contact them?
- Old marketing forum thread and Choice of Games Press list: These I found while writing this post, so I haven’t had the chance to pour over them. Looks promising though!
- Dead ends: contacting Let’s Play people on Youtube (tried 3x) and contacting the Bisexual Book Awards (they only do physical books)
All this is in addition to encouraging my friends & family to play/review and keeping up my online author platform here and on Twitter (mostly on Twitter). Any other leads would be appreciated!