Magium - The mage tournament - Now available on Google Play and App Store

The best
Literally the best interactive story I’ve read :heart:
And I’ve read all of them!
Congrats on a job well done
Can’t wait for the second book

2 Likes

I do not know if this was brought up earlier, I cannot access the menu. The only possible way I see is to die, go to save/load page, tap Return To Main Menu. Is this a bug, or is it intentional?

Another thing I was wondering about, why didn’t you use choice script? Sorry again if it was brought up earlier.

Loved the story by the way.

@Arash_Moradian

Thanks for all the compliments. Glad you’re enjoying the game.

@Sifr

It sounds like a bug, but I honestly have no idea what it could be coming from. I haven’t heard of anyone else having this problem before, so it’s either something very specific to your device and version, or maybe something extremely rare that only happens once in a blue moon.

First of all, what I’d like to know is if you can get into the stats menu by pressing the STATS button on the right side of the black bar on top of the screen.

I’d also want to make sure that when you are pressing on the main menu button, you are pressing exactly on the text saying MAIN MENU, and not somewhere near it, because the hitbox is just on the text.

If neither of the buttons work, try getting in the menu by dying, like you did before, and press the Quit Game button. Then launch the game again, and try the buttons again.

1 Like

The problem is, the Main Menu Button never appears, the Stats Button works fine though.

What do you see instead of the main menu button? Is there just an empty black space on the top left side of your screen? Do you see the number of the chapter?

Does this problem occur in all the chapters or only specific ones?

Edit: I got another idea. Have you tried pressing on the left side of the top black bar, even if you don’t see the button? Normally that area should act as a hitbox even if the text isn’t there. Try pressing like crazy everywhere in that area, even below it, or to the right. The text not being visible is one thing, but the hitbox not working or outright disappearing would be even weirder, to me.

@Nemeean_lion
Hi there. I just opened an account on this forum solely to tell you that your book is way too good, As above @Noremac said I too just started your book 2 days ago and haven’t closed the app even after finishing achievements.And I too request you if you would allow me as well to participate in testing your future books, I’d be very much glad to be of help. Do you have any else writings apart from Magium - The mage tournament? I would like to read them as well. Also as i saw you said about the serious relationships between Kate and Barry, is it possible to have serious relationship among Rose and Barry as well at later books?

Thanks a lot again for that great book.For me, calling the book as too awesome would be saying less. And waiting for next chapters impatiently.

1 Like

Thanks! It feels really good to know that so many people are taking the time to complete all of my achievements. I was expecting the vast majority of people to stop at the 25 required to unlock the next book and never look back.

I won’t be doing testing before the launch anymore, except for what I test myself, but if you find any bugs while you play the new chapters, please send me a mail, or reply on this forum, and I’ll take a look ASAP.

Magium is my first book, so I don’t have any other books written besides it, but I appreciate the sentiment.

It will be possible to have a serious relationship between Barry and Rose, yes, but it will most likely be presented in the epilogue, and not during the books. It’s still a bit early to tell, since I don’t really have all the events mapped out in my head, to their smallest detail.

1 Like

@Nemeean_lion
Your welcome! The story line is as good enough that the vast majority of people can’t wait to read the next book and to at least lessen the curiosity they finish the first book thoroughly and still cant get enough of it.

Yes sure. I had a little question about those new chapters. Are you going to release them per chapter or after you finish the whole 2nd book then?

If you don’t mind can I chat with you through the message system of this forum?

Thanks for the information, I was just a bit afraid to think you might not keep a serious relationship between Barry and Rose since Rose said something like they would likely go different paths after that morning. Because I myself prefer the character Rose more than Kate and I think many others feel the same way

OK, sorry for the late reply, but pressing on the top left seems to force close the app. This is probably a very device specific issue, which I would be blaming on the engine.

EDIT: It seems clearing the cache resolves the issue, though the game crashed few times it’s working completely fine now. But those achievements…

@Sifr

Damn, I feel your pain. If you need help, or you forgot how to do some of the achievements, send me a PM, and I’ll give you some hints.

Unfortunately, like you said, this seems like an extremely specific issue, related to the game engine. I just hope that the issue was a one time only thing, and not something that has the danger of repeating itself.

@Ast

Yes, I will be releasing the 2nd book chapter by chapter. We can chat through PM, but I might be a bit slow to respond, both due to the timezone differences (it’s 2 AM where I am) and due to the fact that I’m a bit behind schedule with the writing, and I’m trying to catch up.

2 Likes

Is aiden a friend or a foe??
Dont get that folks attitude ((plus i think it would be cool to have like a characters menu with brief stories and physical/sycological discription of the charecters) i already have some pretty defined image of each dispite the one you made cuz i cant remember any of them, if u wanna know just tell)

@Nemeean_lion

Thanks and it’s okay since I would be a bit slow to respond as well due to similar reasons. And for some reasons I can’t get to send PM to anyone here So will you mind if I asked you to share some other social interacting apps, Like: Steam, Evolve, Facebook etc whatever you like? Also can you please tell me at what time you’re free to chat with? I don’t wanna disturb you while you’re writing as I want to read your new releases as soon as possible.

@Ast
Your [trust level] (https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924) is too low.

Hi I read your book and now I want to get every achievement
How do you get “berseker mode” on chapter 6?

First of all, congratulations on the game. I really enjoyed playing it so far. I finished the first book and now I’m doing all the achievements. I was having trouble with a achievement of chapter 5 (Stat device wielder) and I was wondering if you could give me a tip. Doesn’t matter what choices I make, chapter 5 always play basically the same way. Also I have a question: how does the game handle relationships? I mean, if I keep disagreeing with someone, is there any hidden “relationship score” that will keep decreasing or only certain specific choices affect my relation with the characters?

@manovenancio

Eiden is neither a friend nor a foe. He can either help you or kill you and your friends on a whim, because he’s much too powerful to give a damn. His past and what led him to become like this will be explained in the later books.

@Ast

You can contact me by mail. You can find my mail on the contact section of the google play store page.

@Davizzz

You’ll need to cast all of your protections, and then fight the dragon with the safe spells.

@overhole

You’ll need to defeat Cutthroat Dave in a duel in chapter 4 with a strength level of 3. This will lead Daren to ask for your device in chapter 5.

There are no hidden relationship scores. I never really liked games where you had to farm influence with a certain character by basically sucking up to them the whole game.

Most of the small jokes and teasing you make will not affect your relationship with the other characters in a negative way. They may remember some of the things you say, and remind you of it later (like for example, if you comment about Rose’s large breasts) but usually they won’t get too upset about it, unless it’s something that they consider to be important. (like for example when Daren finds out that you lied to him about your true reason for coming to the tournament)

@Sifr
Thanks, I understand now. How to gain trust? By stickig around?
@Nemeean_lion
Thanks, I will.

1 Like

Pretty much, also I recommend reading the guidelines.
Tell me stop if I go off topic

Really great book. Enjoyed it. Can’t wait for the second one.

After reading Magium for a couple of hours I am hooked I love the plot and the characters!’:smiley: