Lucid's Games Preference Polls

Pinterest? Is that a pokemon? I am in the forum only not true I have a mysterious tumbir account i never created that send me links to a emo suicial teens

6 Likes

Opps see you had it just missed it first read through slight_smile:

Hmm, I canā€™t seem to be able to turn it into a poll.

Maybe there is a limit may need to make a new topic but @FairyGodfeather do you know if there is a limit?

1 Like

I suspect that I already know the answer. People who use social media other than this forum also use Facebook. Facebook is the biggest. I likely wouldnā€™t get a whole lot more coverage by introducing more sites.

2 Likes

No idea. Iā€™ve looked over at Discourse forums and couldnā€™t find anything saying there was. I donā€™t know why itā€™s not working.

2 Likes

Do you have twitter would follow ya there. :smile:

1 Like

This one.

Although a lot of my friends/acquaintances seem to use Instagram, or more precisely the Instagram/Bleeter (Twitter) combo, so if at one point or another Iā€™m going to be forced to cave in to the so-called ā€œsocialā€ media craze, expect me to go for that combo too. :worried:
Iā€™ll never use Facebook though.

1 Like

I use Facebook, but in limited capacities. I have a private account to keep up with friends and family, and most of those are cantankerous about invites to look at anything. My second account is for volunteer work and is primarily used for contacts around the military community/reaching out to individuals in crisis. Mostly it doesnā€™t get used past that.

1 Like

What the fuck is a ā€˜Social mediaā€™?

1 Like

I donā€™t use Facebook but if I did Iā€™d definitely like your page. Life of a mobster is my fav game from you. :blush:

1 Like

I use Tumblr, and I know a few other CoGers do. @jeantown does, for one, and I follow her there. Thatā€™s also where a lot of the artists and writers I follow post their major updates.

I do have a Facebook account (and I do follow you there) but I basically ignore it except for posting once a week for author/editor things. I do like Tumblr, but I do not like Facebook at all.

Iā€™ve found that Tumblr is also handy for reaching out to specific communities who might like a particular subject or genre.

4 Likes

Hmm maybe I should look into tumblr :wink:

1 Like

I know this is off topic,so Iā€™ll keep it short and sweet,but how exactly do you make a poll?

Right now? Not, apparently :sweat_smile: Usually the poll option is accessible through the cog-shaped icon on the right side of the smiley face on the little task bar when creating a message.

2 Likes

@Lucid I put that I like CoGā€™s style, but only because I think your indivual style if refined slightly could be awesome, and on the social media thing, people will have more incentive to follow you-- like earlier updates or votes/questions. Helps to understand what the audience wants, I think.

Iā€™ll add more when Iā€™m less tired

Am I the only one who didnā€™t answer seven because they really donā€™t care one way or another? Both. I choose both. One shot or series I donā€™t care as long as itā€™s good. Lol.

Also, I donā€™t follow you on FB because I donā€™t really follow much of anything on FB.
Rupaulā€™s Drag Race because I vote every season since voting became a thing. Choice of Games so maybe my friends would see it. My brotherā€™s business because Iā€™m a supportive sister. Uhmā€¦ The Walking Dead because my mom asked me to. Uhā€¦uhmā€¦ I think all thatā€™s left are people I have physically met. I am not into social media at all. Lol.

1 Like

These are some really interesting polls! I have read Paradox Factor, Life of a Wizard, Life of a Mobster, and The Lost Heir 1-2, and I loved them all except Paradox Factor (which was good for what it was, but not my cup of tea.) Actually, I even read the first interactive fiction piece you did before any of your HG titles, though I forgot what it was called.

However, I didnā€™t read The Lost Heir 3 because I already felt that the stat checks in 1 and 2 were already unmanageable unless you wanted to have little to no freedom with your choices, and apparently the stat checks in 3 were even more aggressive that way.

Keep it up, though; youā€™re one of my favorite authors for sure and I canā€™t wait to see what you publish next.

2 Likes

I mustā€™ve missed these polls. Thank you to whoever raised this thread from the dead. @Lucid, do you mind if I apply your gathered data to my own work?

Thanks, @Samuel_H_Young! Us Hosted authors have to stick together. :slight_smile:

You bet, @IronRaptor Some interesting findings. Iā€™m happy that so many people took the time to answer and also happy that others can glean some useful information from them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes