Looking for Beta Readers--read most recent post! (WIP) Interstellar Airgap -- Steal the most secure data in the Universe!

Establishing an orientation beforehand and using *if commands with true or false variables is what I’d do if I didn’t want the reader to visibly see so many options and keep my game looking clean. Unfortunately, it’s more coding and potential for a larger margin of error.

Everyone formats their stories/games differently, so don’t worry too much about it. I once played a game where my primary MC (identified as a het in-game) somehow experienced a steamy night with a lady she accidentally picked up from a bar lol. It was a shock but I got a good laugh out of it.

3 Likes

I’m not sure – I’d like to have it as a selectable option in the early game so I can avoid presenting players with options they aren’t interested in, but I’m kind of hung up on how to do it without breaking the fourth-wall in an annoying way (one of my pet peeves in IF)

2 Likes

Oi @SpokesWriter

Is this the end of this?!?

At the moment, yes! I have chapter 3 in drafts right now and I’m bugfixing, it should be uploaded hopefully later today

2 Likes

Cool, so far it’s very good except for the stats…
G’Luck…

1 Like

Well, booking isn’t a bad place to put a bunch of options that would be immersion breaking elsewhere. I know when I was a cop that we pretty much gathered a lot of information that is useful during character creation in any game during the booking process. Height weight gender etc. With how over the top domineering panwestia seems, it isn’t inconceivable to believe they’d ask questions regarding sexual orientation during the booking process among other early creation options.

2 Likes

I love the book and can’t wait to see more.

Also I found a bug

That’s the end of the WiP…

I can tell we have so much in common. Loads of yes in that observation.

2 Likes

Alright, one of the Chapter 3 paths is up, the others are disabled while I continue to hunt typos. But there’s more stats screen fields (it still doesn’t… function everywhere, but I’m working on it). There’s also the first romance-specific scene and more punching things. Can’t lose! This update is really only for the people mashing F5 for more content, I’ll have the full chapter 3 uploaded soon.

I’m not a… romance writer, or whatever. So if that part is super bad or not fun to play or anything along those lines please let me know (feel free to PM or email specific criticism if it’s not something you want to post in here and embarrass me about) (mostly kidding)

4 Likes

Oi @SpokesWriter

This (and other flirting choices/options) sounds weird and creepy, especially if MC isn’t into men (into women and/or non-binary only), even if it’s to get a reaction from the cop or for fun…

3 Likes

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of feedback I’m looking for :slight_smile:

I’ll see what else works there

Oh and meant to ask this earlier but forgot…
If we select the choice to start romance with Janelle… There’ll still be a choice to romance other possible ROs / LIs right?!?
What I mean is, is that exclusive?!? :roll_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

You won’t be able to have multiple ROs simultaneously, but choosing one doesn’t lock you out of switching to another later in the story if you choose.

Chapter 3 is live! Welcome to jail! Choose between two prisons, two escape attempts, and kick off your first romance! (or don’t!).

Stats screen is due for an overhaul next, it’s going to do the things you expect it to when chapter 4 is published. Which should be Saturday or Sunday at the latest. Yeehaw! I’m still looking for feedback on pretty much everything so don’t hold back.

Also thank you specifically to @Lycanthromorphic, I’ve added sexuality to the booking process (and gated future dialogue accordingly) and it hopefully doesn’t feel too fourth-wall-breaky. If it does, let me know!

2 Likes

As long as you don’t do something crazy like in Deadpool (2?) where he breaks the fourth wall while he’s breaking the fourth wall, you should be fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh btw, if we’re running around robbing banks, shouldn’t there be Scooby Snacks?

1 Like

That’d be historical mess only DEADPOOL should do… :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

1 Like

Oi @SpokesWriter

I’m pretty sure that everything’s from here onwards is went back the bus ride from the station to the jain and repeated… At least it feels like that…
Maybe different routes are messed up together :roll_eyes::thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It’s all messy enough to give me a massive migraine :roll_eyes::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

So some things occurred to me:

1. Considering half the fun of the booking scene is poking fun at the cop, what happens if we say our name is “Duke Gale”?
  2. When he asks our sexual preference, instead of saying “I’m attracted to men, women, and nonbinary people.”, can we just say “Yes”? Implying that because they’re attracted to all genders, that’s going to be their response to being flirted with.
1 Like
Suggestion for sexuality question

instead of writing all this, you can narrow it down to: (I’m) heterosexual, homosexual, skoliosexual, bisexual, and pansexual. (I’m talking about the ones with a red line next to them)

OR just change the last one ( “I’m attracted to men, women, and nonbinary people.”)- it’s the most confusing, cos the others make sense (I’m probably confusing you now :expressionless:)

also- will there be another choice where you can choose to be romantically or sexually attracted? because some people may be ace/aro.

these are just my thoughts on the matter, feel free to ignore :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not every one would know these and most weirdos wouldn’t even care…