I agree that login with Google seems to be unreliable. (I normally login with Facebook.) @CJW, do you see something in that thread that I don’t? I can’t clear people’s cookies/cache for them.

Thanks Dan @AMWhy - You might like to know?

@dfabulich
Right at the bottom there’s some mention of “back-porting” and “cherry-picking” commits with a link to the OpenID plugin on github:
https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/tree/master/plugins/OpenID

I’ll be honest I’m not quite sure what they’re saying there, whether they’re suggesting you update or that certain commits (that may be causing problems) be removed (i.e. roll back your version). I’m not all that familiar with how vanilla works, so couldn’t begin to guess.

Unlike Twitter, Google still worked, it just started ‘failing’ 95% of the time (recently).

EDIT: Interesting point, since I’ve given myself a password (via resetting) earlier the google login now seems to be working absolutely fine (all the time) for me. This might be a fluke, but if not perhaps it is related to that ‘unique id’ thing, is there some sort of field (or field value) in the database that only forum specific Vanilla (not openID) accounts have?

Twittet works! Thanks @Dan and @CJW. First time logging in since Jan and 270 messages to go through… Luckily most of them I will have already seen through my AMWhy account.

@CJW I reset my password but still can’t log in by google. So I would say fluke lol.

@Lordirish
Correct, it bugged up this afternoon - but at least I can log in via password now.