Life of a Space Force Captain

Finally finally i can play a new lucid game :sob::sob:

2 Likes

Man, that looks awesome. Love the font too.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s was a long waitā€¦ well, still technically is, but you know what I mean.
Really glad to see you almost ready to release a new game, I was missing your ā€œgameā€ style.

2 Likes

Looks incredible. Canā€™t wait.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t realize sci-fi wasnā€™t a big seller. I thought I was weird in not particularly enjoying sci-fi. FWIW though this actually sounds more appealing to me than Lucidā€™s other games, despite not being my preferred genre. (Though, the reason for that was mainly that the demos were too short to draw me in, which seems to be a Lucid thing, so maybe this will be the same ā€“ they could all be very good if I actually bought the full version)

2 Likes

Neither did I. :slight_smile: I heard that as I was wrapping up the rough draft and starting to think about Beta Testing. I sure hope that this one can break the curse.

Itā€™s also over 330,000 words, my longest yet. Youā€™ll get to live a very full life. I think you only get about 17% per playthru, so hopefully that translates to lots of meaningful choice options and huge replayability. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We can play a cockroach? Iā€™m sold. Not that they are my favourite animal (probably least favourite, actually), but itā€™s always interesting to have a nonhumanoid option.

1 Like

Cockroach PCs are guaranteed to survive the game. Trufax.

5 Likes

Is there a demo up somewhere we can try, or do we have to wait for Steam release and try that demo?

1 Like

No, sorry, the Beta Test is over. Now we all have to wait until May 5th, 2022 when it should release on all platforms.

4 Likes

Aw, pity I missed it! Will check it out when it launches!

3 Likes

What type of ship are we taking command of and how big is it is same size as the Executor

3 Likes

God I hope not a crew of 150k sounds to much to me! Give me an ISD crew of around 35k with that said I will say iā€™m a sucker for a carrier like this one

1 Like

Iā€™m personally either the ship from firefly orā€¦ the enterprise the 2009 version

3 Likes

How about Destiny or the Deadalus from stargate

3 Likes

The DSF Epiphany holds about 1000 people.

I looked around to see what ships had the ring-like feature that the starships in my game use, and found the Vulcan ships.

Iā€™ve been working hard. I just finished the Paradox Factor edits (since it will get a re-release on May 5th as it goes to Steam for the first time.)

Iā€™m about to take a break, but then Iā€™ll be digging deeply into the final edits for Life of Star Force captain. May 5th isnā€™t very far away!

Meanwhile, my nameā€™s going around the moon! (Along with the names of my family members. Our names are already on Mars too. :slight_smile: )

15 Likes

How about this

1 Like

I donā€™t know if this is already been asked but can you have both cybernetics and psionics or is it one or the other?

1 Like

Itā€™s one or the other. Both paths have their own twists and turns. It becomes a significant plot point in one chapter.

I like it.

3 Likes

Will there be technical specs , maps of ships? Sorry I still have the Star Wars Tech Journal (pre-prequels) on my bookshelf somewhere and it instilled a real interest in ship cutaways and the like. Yeah you can probably be tell my first playthrough will be an Engineering track

2 Likes