'Kitsune' by Thom Baylay

June Update:
I haven’t done any Kitsune this month because I’ve had a complete productivity overload in Lux, City of Lies!

That said, I’ve opened up the files for Chapter 11 and I’m ready to dive back in and fix the issues before moving on to the rest of the book. This one is in a really good place (apart from Ch11) so I’m looking forward to finishing it off - by the end of this year would be so nice! But I’ve learned not to make those kinds of promises to myself!

44 Likes

July update:

So much progress! Chapters 1-12 are now written which is approximately 66% of the book.
It currently passes the quick and randomtests and I’ve done a lot of readthroughs and betas with friends and family so what I’ve written so far feels in good shape and hopefully won’t need massive edits.

I’ve also hit a word count per readthrough of around 40k so far. Most of my stories are under 50k per readthrough so I think Kitsune might end up being my longest story. It obviously won’t be as branching as the behemoth that is Lux, but hopefully you all like the story when it’s done!

Anyway, that’s all for this month. We’ll see if I keep blitzing Kitsune or whether August switches back to Lux. Who knows?

50 Likes

August update:

Only 4 chapters to go! Kitsune is a super personal project (much like Grim) and I’m getting so much pleasure out of seeing it finally come to life. Gunning for submission before year’s end! And to celebrate this crazily productive few months, I’ll be doing a demo update this week with two additional chapters. That’s 4 chapters total! Nearly 25% of the game :fox_face:

60 Likes

I like this game so much. It’s nice to see more smaller stand alone titles getting written!

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s wonderful to hear!!

8 Likes

Demo updated!

Please, if you spot any typos or glitches, send them in a DM and I’ll get them changed.

25 Likes

My sole objection is that I can’t take Kit to the office naked and pretend I don’t see anything wrong.

4 Likes

September update/big announcement!

:fox_face: : Kitsune is about 75% done and at this point I’m switching focus back to Lux CoL for a bit as I’d really like to get that submitted in 2024. I think the plan (always subject to change) is to release Lux before Kitsune but hopefully they can come out around the same time.

I also have a big announcement regarding the immediate future of my writing over on the Lux page so go check it out :slight_smile:

As always, thank you everyone for your support and patience!

55 Likes

Omg! I love your work! Been reading your books since Sordwin came out. I love Evertree and look forward to Lux so hard! I played the demo for Kitsune last night after ignoring for a while because theres no save on dashingdon. Boy was i missing out! I absolutely cannot wait to play this game in full!

2 Likes

play as a human

Why just why. I would rather play as a kitsune. That goes for so many other stories. Why do people think I want to play as a human? I want to play as dragon, kitsune, ogre. We really seriously need more stories where you can play these monsters, supernaturals, demons and so on.

10 Likes

Because contrary to what some people seem to believe, there are many people who enjoy playing a human rather than a monster/supernatural/demon.

23 Likes

@WaterWitch666 Thank you so much! I really hope you enjoy it! :fox_face:

@Anime_lover Haha, fair enough! Im just writing the story I want to tell. I appreciate it won’t be for everyone and I hope you find an author who writes what you like :+1:

@Gigalomania :raising_hand_man:

11 Likes

Will you let us know when the save function is available in Lux: CoS?

3 Likes

Of course, but it won’t be until the next game enters the publishing queue so not for a while.

4 Likes

I understand! Hooray, tho! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Puts me in mind of how Larian was all, “We put all these fantastical races in BG3 and everybody wants to be a bunch of basic bitches and play human fighters???”

And that’s as far off-topic as I’m choosing to go with this, because otherwise I’ll make a mess in the thread!

7 Likes

In Kit’s defense he’s a very cute monster. :wink:

3 Likes

October update:

Just a small one for the fox this month. It’s still looking at about 75% done, and I’m doing little edits whenever I need a break from Lux, but I’m also prioritising Lux for at least the rest of this year. There’s still a lot to do for that one so if Kitsune is a bit quieter, do forgive me :slight_smile:

On a more exciting note, I am now officially a full time writer! More details in the Lux thread!

37 Likes

Congratulations on your new career! Here’s hoping being full-time goes well for you.

2 Likes

From my favorite movie I want that story ! But They said they want money That is from.the producers. But personally, you made a good story and you made a lot of good ones and I loved to read. Personally, this is no different.

1 Like