Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

I think we can be kitsune with ice abilities now :grin: unless my game just bugged out.

5 Likes

Huh. Apparently there’s another way to get kitsune now. :confused:

It looks like either being charismatic at school or playing nice with Astrid (while plotting revenge) are enough to get you kitsune without being fire-elemental.

2 Likes

But the game specifically describes kitsunes as ‘fox spirits who use fire powers’.

How does simply being charasmatic or friendly with one of your suite mates allow you to literally break the rules of the species?

3 Likes

Ice Dragonborn ftw :sunglasses: :dragon_face:

1 Like

Fake friendly. And I guess it’s due to the kitsune’s penchant for trickery, although I don’t know why that would be enough.

@AAO @ParrotWatcher
I was considering changing kitsune qualifications, but forgot about earlier text describing fire abilities. Thanks for that!

6 Likes

If I remember correctly kitsune are said to have control over lightning, but I could be wrong about that

Kitsunes are a type of yokai who possess a wide variety of abilities at their disposal, the older the kitsune is the stronger they become and the number of tails they have can hint at how many cycles they have lived (100 years = one extra tail). Their abilities include shapeshifting, elemental manipulation (those who manipulate fire and/or lightning are called kitsunebi), omniscience (1000 years old), superior intelligence, dream manipulation, flight, invisibility, illusion weaving, etc.

The question here is whether the author wants to stick close to the folktales or create a variant of their own. Another important topic is how old our kitsune MC is as their age can be an indication of their power. That said the story may require a bit of tweaking if it turns out the MC is 100 or more years old. You don’t get to that sort of age without wondering WHY you haven’t aged at all… or without magical incidents. At that point you would HAVE to be suspicious of your own supernatural nature and the fact others like you may exist.

13 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the MC is probably 20 at the oldest. :thinking:

I like 21 as the headcanon age for my Nephilim mc, if only because it means he can smoke and drink if he wants to and doesn’t have to behave like an angel. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Let’s just say my mc was probably either stuck working a crap job to save up for (community) college tuition because of the rotten student loans system of the US or if his background is wealthier he was probably really bad at math (or simply skipped too much school) and had to do both an extra year of highschool and still got to take a sabbatical too. :wink:

2 Likes

Given the story spans throughout the MCs freshmen year I believe you are correct, between 18 and 20 years old. This is, assuming we’re going by human standards. If we we’re in an academy for elves we probably would have to be a couple hundred years old to make it. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I need to do a play through as one. Done all but cambion and kitsune. Personally i enjoy all of them. Found out what happens if you run into hunters and your a magician or not, did the dragon born and like where the possible outcomes could be with cressida. And being a nephiliam and with astrid kinda seems like it would be canon lol.

1 Like

That was incredibly informative. Thanks for this.
Are there any stories like this based around Elemental’s?

2 Likes

is the power of shadows an element for darkness is everywhere: night, day and in our souls?

EDIT: kitsunes can actually come in 13 different forms like your stereotypical Kitsunebi using ones to the blizzards controllers. I cant remember the true names but there is defiantly Fire, Ice, Dark, Storm, water and non elemental ones so there is that possibility. Look up Kitsune history and you shall all see what I mean.

Well, cambions have darkness manipulation.

But it’s not an elemental manipulation. Hence, it’s not on the poll.

Law of Magic Strength: M=WTK+ER/m

Strength of magic = will of caster x talent of caster x knowledge of specific magic + energy put into spell x (magic type recognition of caster) / magic strength constant
Can’t wait for this to come into play

3 Likes

How do you become a magician?

@The_Otaku_Dragon_Sla
Elementals are magical creatures who embody a particular element of nature and whose abilities include (pertaining to their element): manipulation, generation, detection, cognizance and self-transmutation.

During the Reinassance period they were strongly associated with Alchemy and believed to live longer than Men but unlike Men their existence ceased to exist after death (whereas our Souls would live on). Apparently, some religions believed that those who were fourtuante enough to marry an elemental would become immortal and those who were already immortal would attain mortality instead.

Fun Fact: That little game about combining elements to gain new ones? That is actually a simplified version on the basics of Alchemy. Fire, Water, Earth and Air are considered the fundamental bases of nature and that everything we see and have derives from them in one form or another. That said, different cultures tend to have variants of their own, the Chinese for example have the four elements as well as Wood and Metal (also associated with their horoscopes).

In reality, any natural element can have… well… an elemental. Mineral Elementals (Fire and Earth), Plant Elementals (Earth), Electricty Elementals (Air), Storm Elementals (Water and Air), etc.

Ok, now I’m just spewing information nobody cares about so I’ll just shut up. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Honestly the kitsune mc Is probably somewhere in the 18-20s, I doubt they are over 100

Someone let me know the choices that need to be made in order to be a kitsune please! I would be really grateful

2 Likes