Issue with not recognizing commands and spacing

I’ve been testing a new game of mine on dashingdon but it refused to recognize the spacing and wording on my game. I retested my game on C-SIDE and it worked but this isn’t ideal since I mostly write/update my game on mobile.

It’s giving me errors such as no selectable choices here.

*choice
  #By avoiding him?
   He seems bored with all the attention maybe he just needs a change of pace. You avoid him the whole class period and by the time class ended you realized how stupid the idea was. Even if he wanted to approach you, he couldn’t because you avoided him, maybe tomorrow.
   *goto endgym

#By flirting with him?
   He’s surrounded by girls doing the same thing maybe he’ll notice you instead. You entered the group of girls and observed their behavior, rubbing their hands up and down his shirt, giggling, subtle-not-so-subtle suggests to bed them?. You slowly back away from the group and decided that it wasn’t the best idea. You’d have to be [b] out of it[/b] to do something like that.
   *goto endgym

#Hope he comes to you?
   Maybe doing what you normally do will draw him to you. The thing was gym wasn’t exactly your strong suit, and it showed, running for a minute left you breathless for thirty, you couldn’t do a pushup to save your life, and overall you really hate gym.
   ....Text

And how this is an invalid indent

*if (max = false) #Sit at the popular table.
   "What hell do you think you're doing? You can turn around and slink your way back to the dump you came from." Harsh.
   *goto lunch

I can’t exactly figure out what was wrong I rechecked multiple times on dashingdon and on C-SIDE and only C-SIDE seems to not give me the error presented on dashingdon.

I’ve also tried to copying and pasting from C-SIDE to my current startup file to see if I made a mistake somewhere but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

If it helps any I do 2 spaces for #choices and 3 for *commands (excluding *labels and *ifs)

@dashingdon would it be appropriate to notify you of this?

It might stumble over the empty lines.
As in

*choice
...#thing1
....goto

...#thing2
Etx

It might not recognize the choices as belonging to the choice command.
Try removing the empty lines?

just curious, why do you use spaces and not the tab button? maybe that’s an issue though i don’t know enough about every program available to make that a solid answer, also there may be a problem with your *if command, try not putting a space after your parenthesis (*if (max = false)#Sit at the popular table. and then tab after that for your result?)

@MeltingPenguins I changed it to look a little like this not sure what you meant is this it?

*choice
  #By avoiding him?
   He seems bored with all the attention maybe he just needs a change of pace. You avoid him the whole class period and by the time class ended you realized how stupid the idea was. Even if he wanted to approach you, he couldn’t because you avoided him, maybe tomorrow.
   *goto endgym
  #By flirting with him?
   He’s surrounded by girls doing the same thing maybe he’ll notice you instead. You entered the group of girls and observed their behavior, rubbing their hands up and down his shirt, giggling, subtle-not-so-subtle suggests to bed them?. You slowly back away from the group and decided that it wasn’t the best idea. You’d have to be [b] out of it[/b] to do something like that.
   *goto endgym
  #Hope he comes to you?
   Maybe doing what you normally do will draw him to you. The thing was gym wasn’t exactly your strong suit, and it showed, running for a minute left you breathless for thirty, you couldn’t do a pushup to save your life, and overall you really hate gym.
   ....Text

I still ended up with the same issue I rewrote this section and it sorta works now except now it only shows one choice.

@iota I do this mostly on my phone which is why I don’t use tab.

Your indentation levels are inconsistent. Is it 2 spaces or 1 space?

It’s set up like this.

*label
Text
*choice
  #choices
   *set
   *goto

Have you tried adding one more space to the stuff under the choice command?

Wait, I re-read. Try putting only 1 space for choices and 2 for commands.

Maybe it’s because you indented 2 in the choice #option and 1 in the texts below it. If it’s the case, i think you must indent similarly: 1 in each or 2 in each or whatever you want. I think C-SIDE correct your indentation if you indented incorrectly cause the same problem happened to me too: everytime i uploaded my files on dashingdon i got errors about indentation but when i do it on C-SIDE i don’t get errors about it. I also don’t think you should put space between the choices options: I never did it so i’m not totally sure.

Me i usually indent like this:

*choice
  #Sleep
    You go back to sleep
    *goto label
  #Get up
    You get up
    *goto label
*label

@Outrageous and @TheBlackSamourai your suggestions did not work but however I found a solution after fiddling around and failing a few times.

I’ve rewritten all the game word for word code for code instead of copying and pasting.

It’s gonna take a while but the game is working fine on dashingdon now and I still can’t figure out what caused the issue on the platform. I think it had came from moving it one place to another multiple times by copying and pasting but I’m not entirely sure.

Moving or copy-pasting should never produce issues on .txt files, unless you changed the encoding (which shouldn’t be something that can happen accidentally). What does the error msg gives you, anyway? If no choices are selectable, it should still throw error msg: no selectable option on line-XX.

I couldn’t exactly tell you now because I’ve already fixed the issues associated with the no selectable options. I’m currently working on *if issues now.

What had happened

I had went over the text to find grammar issues, word flow and stuff like that using CCR however when I copied and pasted it back onto the file it didn’t work how it was supposed to. Thats when I put it on C-SIDE to see if it was because of CCR but it worked completely fine.

I’ve decided to just start editing text in CCR and then rewriting it word for word on the game so I don’t run into this issue anymore.

Copy-pasting should never produce problem, unless the program you’re using modifies the CS commands or trim the whitespace characters. I even used Google Translate so Grammarly can see what I’m writing wrong or incorrectly.