Isolation

Hey All,

So…it’s my birthday. And I will be the 1st to admit that isolation hasn’t always done wonders for my mental health, esp with the recent turn of events…but i did want to thank this community for helping me get by. I was going to say " for keeping me sane" but i am not always sane right now, and that’s ok.

I did want to thank those whose stories have taken me away from reality recently…WAYHAVEN, EVERTREE, ODESSA, JOLLY GOOD CAKES AND ALE, DIASPORA, SHADOW SOCIETY, SOUL STONE WAR, THE PASSENGER, SUPERSTITION, etc. My bestie had a bday a few weeks ago and I bought her CoG games on steam. I had a budget so I needed to pick 5 and it was REALLY HARD to do so because you authors have made it hard. @Seraphinite @ThomB
@tandra88 @pimenita @Carawen @HeartForge @Gower etc

Anyway, great job. Thanks for your work during all of this, especially.

Xoxo, bday gal

:heart:

59 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes

Oh shit I love your stories too! #ThankYou

1 Like

Happy birthday!! Since we haven’t figured out teleportation yet, I can only send you the recipe for my favorite cake.

CAKE

Best Chocolate Cake

1 ¾ c flour
2 c sugar
¾ c cocoa
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c milk
½ c vegetable or canola oil
2 tsp vanilla

1 c boiling water

Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add in sugar and vanilla, then milk, cocoa, and oil. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add the boiling water and beat for 2 minutes. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350° F, depending on your oven.

This is a very forgiving recipe; pretty much any mixing order is fine. I prefer 8” diameter cake pans; they make for a nice, tall cake. Grease and flour the pans or use baking spray. I usually use parchment to line the bottom but it’s not required unless your cake pans are cheap.

Cool completely and ice with your choice of icing. Chocolate buttercream recommended.

Fun Alterations:

• Use hot coffee or espresso instead of boiling water
  • Add a tablespoon of espresso powder to the batter
  • Dark chocolate or black cocoa

Chocolate Buttercream Icing
(enough for a layer cake with some decoration; can be halved)

2 sticks of UNSALTED butter
Approximately two pounds of icing (powdered) sugar
Cocoa until it looks and tastes right
A splash of vanilla
Some milk or water as necessary to thin

Cream the butter until it’s light and fluffy and smooth. Don’t get in a hurry here or your icing will be lumpy. It’s best to start with slightly softened butter. Add some cocoa and powdered sugar a little bit at a time until it tastes good to you. A splash of vanilla helps. When it gets too thick, thin the icing out with milk or water but be careful! It’s easy to add too much at once.

Yeah, I don’t measure these things, sorry.

cake

7 Likes

Omg this RULES…thank you!!!:heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Hum, mistaken identity? I havent wrote anything here lol

2 Likes

I seem to mostly be posting on the music thread during lockdown, so this feels appropriate:

4 Likes

Glad my gang of freaks keeps you company, Jen. Happy birthday and thanks for the good vibes :birthday:

4 Likes

Happy birthday Jen – :birthday:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday. Hopefully everyone here, being here, will help a little with the feelings, turning them towards a more positive look. Some mental flushing with good stories is helpful for a lot of us.

3 Likes

Happy birthday, Jen! :birthday: :partying_face: Hope you can celebrate your special day to some extent in spite of the current situation. :wink:

Take care of yourself, hon! :heart:

2 Likes

Ahhhh yes. My mistake! I recognize your profile pic from the forums and mixed you up with some else. I still appreciate you, though! :heart:

1 Like

You guys are killing me :heart: thank you!

2 Likes

Happy birthday. Hope you can enjoy your birthday in the current situation.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!
Just trying to decide on your gift. Would you rather a sneak peek screen grab of your very own Jen the landlord, the ever amazing Dandy, or angsty Orion? :gift:

5 Likes

Happy birthday. Hope you have a lovely day despite the isolation.

4 Likes

I’m kind of late to this & we have no relation irl whatsoever, but…

Happy birthday!!! :cake: :cake: :cake:

Anyway, here is Spock wishing you too;
2gn4uu

Have a nice day!

4 Likes

Have a marvellous day!:birthday:

3 Likes

Omg, WHAT??? Crap…it is a rough choice between Jen and Dandy buuuut JEN PLEASE!!! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Awesome. Will post a couple of previews this week :slight_smile: Have a great day!

2 Likes