Is romance a must?

Well, I actually have in my mind somekind of story where the settings involve dystopian world where discrimination is obvious.
Then you, the MC, being one of the discriminated class, strive for either yourself, or your society, or even the world itself. Thus, taraaa… happy ending

You get the point

The game I am currently writing does not contain any romance, but once I announce it, it will make sense why.

Sorry I had a brain fart and didn’t know the term - most games here ask for your romantic preference or which gender you’re attracted to.

I do love a good written story which contains everything well written XD
but I guess it would do good to have the option for readers to pursue romantic interests or not.
After all it is CHOICE of games XD

Yes, but not a text game, just as I would be reticent to play a CRPG without this option.

Absolutely! Half the time none of the romances are my type anyway so I end up skipping them even when they’re available. Hero of Kendrickstone is one of my favorites and has no romance. And I’d always much prefer characters you can’t date but who are well developed and interesting over characters who are dateable but with little to no development outside of a relationship.

1 Like