Introduction: Slammed! and its Author

I aaaaaam the office man!!! With my deadly typing attacks

Don’t know a thing about wrestling but seems better than most of the other games out there im in lol.

@Nocturnal_Stillness I’m glad you think so! I never thought I’d come back to wrestling, to be honest, but I got caught up in the Summer of Punk in 2011, discovered the indies, and never looked back. It helps that I focus more on the matches now than the storylines.

@P0RT3R Ah, occupational gimmicks. One of my favorite things about old school wrestling. Sadly but understandably out-of-vogue nowadays.

@Aznxa I’m glad it sounds appealing to you. I hope it doesn’t disappoint if you try to give it a go.

Can you smeeeelll what the ROCK is cookin!

… can’t wait. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like a good game. Waiting for it. :smiley:

@cahill99 could you stop necroing old threads

@bezment78 I think the post is on topic and Slammed! is due out next week so this thread is still relevant. I’ve been tempted to bump this thread myself, since there’s been a few questions about what Slammed! is about.

I can’t wait for Slammed! I’m so excited!

I’m not a fan of wrestling or sports in general and yet this game piques my interest. Sounds like its long enough to catch my eye and also like I’d be burning the midnight oil on many a play through.

@bezment78

Sorry. :frowning:

@anitero

Can you please tell me whether it will be a cliffhanger and will it be paid? Or will it be available free?

Hi guys! Paolo Chikiamco here. I too have been unable to log in through Twitter lately, so I finally decided to just make a new forum account, so I could respond here.

@Cahill99 It’ll be a paid game, but the free-to-play portion that will be available on the website is very lengthy. It does end in a sort of cliff-hanger, but I think by then you’ll have a clear idea as to whether it’ll be worth your time and money or not. The game is 12 chapters long (unless you hit a Bad Ending) and the free-to-play portion, if all goes as planned, will end at around three-quarters through Chapter 4. (The latter chapters are longer though, so don’t think that’s 25% of the game yet, lengthy as that portion is. The final game clocked in at around 250,000 words, which is why it took a while to proof.)

@Scrivener Glad to hear it! The story seems to have resonated even with the non-wrestling fans in the Beta team, so I hope you’ll enjoy it.

@FairyGodfeather Thanks FG! And I’m excited for you to play the final version so you can tell me what you think. (Though you’ve already seen some of the new endings/scenes that I added from your feedback.)

@Chikiamco Hi! It’s great to see you on the forums. I heard there were some others having problems connecting via twitter so something’s probably broken there.

I’ve been biting my tongue trying not to say too much here until it’s released. I can’t wait until it is and then, once I’ve played it, I’ll be sure to be starting a zillion threads about it posting. I hadn’t thought a game about wrestling would be so much fun.

Even if it’s priced at $3, which I think is the highest Choice of Games price their games at, it’ll be an absolute steal.

@Chikamco

Thanks, man. I am really waiting for Slammed!

The final game clocked in at around 250,000 words

…Ceiling Cat, that’s longer than Sabres!

@Chikiamco it sounds really interesting! I haven’t really seen any interactive fiction based on sports yet, but hopefully this will set a high benchmark for any others (and I have no doubts that it will)!

I know it has already been stated that there will be no other wrestling stories made, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any others like this? I know it is an odd combo to find, though considering the nature of pro wrestling you’d think it wouldn’t, but I was just curious if anyone else had made or come across other games like this for pro wrestling? Thanks…

Just a secondary note. I have to admit after playing this game six times…yes, I played six times…I like the story lines and variety in them. It seemed that even though I stuck with the same gender and orientation there were still new things I came across each times such as who JJ used as his victims. I liked most of the endings. Even though I was heartbroken at the losses and epilogues from them they were still good. I have to admit though that the one that did leave me unfulfilled was if you beat Solitary. You win the championship and that is where it ends. No idea what happens to Solitaire or JJ or any other people from the past. Not even a brief glimpse into what was in store for you in the future, especially when dealing with the true face of the company. For something I had to really work for it left me wanting. This was after my first three goes where I faced JJ; first a loss against JJ with romantic ending with the pop star, second a loss with similar ending, third a final win over JJ and romantic ending with him. Next story had me being a complete dick and paying for it by sacrificing JJ in the Scaffolds match and facing Prototype and Super Horns alone and becoming crippled for the trouble. Last two attempts were trying to face Solitaire, first being a loss due to wrong choice of leg and having the tragic gym scene at the end and the second getting it right and having the anticlimactic championship win.