Input_text Invalid Indent Error

I’m having trouble with an error message for indent error. “Invalid indent. Expected an option here not *set”

It is on line 41 where I attempt to *set the input_text name as first_name.

I was using dashingdon originally, but copied and pasted everything over to cside. It worked in dashingdon but as I attempted to test through new coding it just got stuck her on cside. It will let me test through until I input text and select next. When I select next the test won’t continue.

I’ve tried to search for a solution and change the coding. I reentered the coding originally into cside but then I will get errors about illegal mixing of indents and spaces. But I do not use spaces?
Can anyone help?

My code looks like this:

"Who" the voice is still thunderous enough
to rattle the sense you have in this world, "are you?"

*choice
	#Thyr
		*set first_name "Thyr"
		*goto_scene orientation_chapter1
	#Welsh
		*set first_name "Welsh"
	#Ferris
		*set first_name "Ferris"
	#Quinn
		*set first_name "Quinn"
	#Here, let me spell it for you...
		"Please do."
		*input_text first_name
		"It is $!{first_name}, is it?"
		*choice
			#Indeed.
			*set first_name first_name
			#No, my name is...
			*goto_scene male_names1

This part down here. I marked it with right brackets >>>.

"Who" the voice is still thunderous enough
to rattle the sense you have in this world, "are you?"

*choice
	#Thyr
		*set first_name "Thyr"
	#Welsh
		*set first_name "Welsh"
	#Ferris
		*set first_name "Ferris"
	#Quinn
		*set first_name "Quinn"
		"Please do."
		*input_text first_name
		*choice
			#Indeed.
			>>> *set first_name first_name
			>>> *goto_scene orientation_chapter1
			#No, my name is...
			>>> *goto_scene male_names1
1 Like

@Szaal – If your help proves to be the solution, please go ahead and close the thread once you receive confirmation.

While I believe mine is the solution for the current bug, I’d like to keep threads like this open in case the TS encountered another bug or the solution doesn’t solve the reported bug. Or maybe there’re others having question related to the topic and wanted to ask it immediately here.

I usually let the timer lock down the post.

Sorry for the late reply. Work.

I will try redoing the indents in the sections you’ve marked.
My concern is that before I created this post I tried that and other variations of following the idention requirements. I received the same error code. If not the expected option here something about illegal use of tabs and spaces. However, it had no errors on dashingdon, but cside did.
When I get off work tonight I will try again and if still receive error codes again can I continue this thread?

Feel free, or make a new thread in case you lost this one.

Also, you mention that on dashingon it works fine, but not on CS-IDE. You might want to double-check on all the new code you coded in, and it’s a good habit to type Enter > Indent before you write any actual text on the #options, so

Protip: If you’re using 3rd-party text editor software, you can set up the line number display. In that image above, I boxed the code from line 481~490. Helpful to read the error report yourself.

2 Likes
		"Please do."
		*input_text first_name
		*choice
			#Indeed.
			    *set first_name first_name
			#No, my name is...
			    *goto_scene male_names1

I attempted to retry entering the coding again entirely within cside as you displayed earlier, however, now it display errors about using both tab and space in the same line.
I’m slightly confused as I only use indents.
Sorry to be a bother with this! I just understand how/what input I am doing wrong?

"Please do."
*goto_scene inputname

I fixed it!
Rather than *input_text leading to a *choice command, just switching over to a new text file to ensure a correct input is working on all options.

I do appreciate you assistance however! Thank you for looking over things!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.