In-game advertising

I am in the process of updating The Race in preparation for The Race 2 (not actual title) and Blackraven.

I plan to include a small section where you can read excerpts from other hosted games. If you wish me to include your game in this section, please let me know and I will do my best to include it.
This applies to WIPs and published games. Note: I will only include WIPs that are heavily developed, with a high probability of completion.

I would need either a mini demo from your game or simply a paragraph about the game.

@Lucid @JimD I plan to include mini demos to your games if you would allow me to.

@andywhy sure, that would be great. When you say mini demos, what do you envision?

@JimD I’ll send you a link to the updated version of The Race (pm message). After choosing a name and country, click the option: Other games by Andy Why.
You can look at either the Blackraven blurb or The Race 2 blurb for the sort of thing I’m looking for.

@andymwhy

that’s a great idea

@Nocturnal Stillness, I will add you to the list! I’ll send you the same link as Jim. It’s up to you how much of a demo you want me to include. I’m thinking either a taster scene or an ‘about’ section, similar to what you will see I have written for The Race 2 and Blackraven.

I think that’s a very commendable idea, it certainly couldn’t hurt at any rate!
Cross game advertising is something the hosted label seems to lack. Good thinking :slight_smile:

@andywhy thanks, and I’ll be happy to reciprocate when ZE is updated.

@CJW

I agree! That was one of the reasons for my in-game “Ad-breaks” feature for Unnatural.

@andywhy
This sounds pretty cool, I’d be up for it.

@Cataphrak Great! I will send you the link so you can see what I’m looking for. It’s games such as Sabres of Infinity that will definitely benefit from this. Free demos for paid games is what we need!

@CJW How about a link / blurb for ~ Terminal?

As and when I’ve got something more to show I’ll gladly take you up on that of offer! Thank you :slight_smile:

Promotion for Hosted Games is great. Thanks, I think it’s an awesome idea.

Glad to hear that, @Lucid.

I’ll pm you the link so you can see the sort of thing I’m suggesting.

@CJW maybe in the next update then.

Eventually, I’d like to see this as a standard inclusion for all hosted games. A handful of ads for existing and upcoming games would be great to help promote the Hosted Games label.

@andymwhy
I think that’s an amazing idea! I hope to have my game completely developed by Febuary, so if it’s done by then I’d love to have you advertise it. If not, I’ll probably have a 20% demo done in about a month.