If you could write an IF from any IP what would it be?

Definitely of the Fate verse

1 Like

Ooh, definitely Star Wars! Like you mentioned, I think it would be so fun to write/play an IF where the reader gets to choose between the light and dark side and explore all the possibilities that each path entails.

I’d love to see or write something for the Alien franchise as well. As a sucker for sci-fi horror I’d love to see how an interactive novel would pan out for something like that.

6 Likes

Is there some sort of Disney/Lucas Arts fanfic clause that would allow me to write Star Wars IF if I didn’t monetize it?

2 Likes

Actually would love an updated version of Alter Ego, but more diverse and with less sexism, also preferably with a bit more story to it, taking advantage of the abilities of modern choicescript. Toilets optional.

2 Likes

Obviously whoever wrote it would have to slip in ‘Game Over, Man! Game Over!’ I live for easter eggs

4 Likes

So would Dan Fabulich. Well, not an update, really, but if anyone wants to write another text-based life sim with maybe more modern sensibilities, he’s all for it.

https://www.playalterego.com/credits.html

2 Likes

I am not entirely sure. I think that if you are not making any profit from it then it falls under fair use, but i could be wrong. I’m not too informed on copyright law, but i dont think ive heard much about fanfic being hit by dmca.

1 Like

Yes, you can. That’s why that person was doing the Warhammer WIP. As long as you are OK with never monetizing it (which would include tying it in to any kind of Patreon or Ko-Fi) you can write a Star Wars IF and host it on Dashingdon.

4 Likes

Definitely Vampire The Masquerade. I need to get better at coding though. I have so many ideas for a VTM IF including a mafia family set up of Ventrue, Toreador and Malkavian with a few Gangrel lurking around a large mansion.

IDK about writing one myself; I’d prefer to do my own stuff… but I would kill and die for IFs for Dragon Age or Percy Jackson.

1 Like

The Stand or The Dark Tower series by King
Cyberpunk “the full table top lore”
The Thing “1982 version”

3 Likes

I was thinking any Soulsborne game (especially Elden Ring, love it), Nier, GoT, and Dragon Age. It’s really hard to choose only one, it really depends on what I’m playing atm anyway lol.

@dwsnee
Disney… Yeah, the people who sued a day care centre for putting pictures of their cartoon characters on the wall of their building… Disney is known for being very litigious happy and over protective of their IPs at the best of times. (Which is super duper ironic given they built their company on public domain material then changed the laws to delay many things from being released into the public domain for as long as they could.)

In reality, writing some fanfic is unlikely to get their attention unless it gets too big as long as you don’t monetize it. I think they’re finally coming to terms with allowing a bit of fan attention being relatively harmless and possibly even beneficial.

5 Likes

Arcane, 100% Arcane

2 Likes

@Jacic @hustlertwo @Petrichor

2 Likes

Riordanverse***

2 Likes