MAIN Question: Can a hosted game be played on multiple devices uploading the same save?
- follow up question - is there a custom save system/password system I can build into choicescript?
- I found some useful things in the forum but no explicit answer to my question.
- follow up question - can a Hosted Game insert a plug-in once I submit it to help implement the save system on multiple devices so that two players can play in alternating turns on multiple devices
- I have an idea for a partner game; two players, potentially romantic.
- The idea is the two mc’s play parallel games with moderate interaction;
- The outside meta of the game is that it is designed for friends / romantic partners who are in long distant relationships allowing for role-playing.
- I don’t intend for simultaneous play which would dramatically increase complexity - no fighting the same opponent at the same time. The idea is for two players to play back and forth every other day, alternating chapters.
- For the sake of the narrative, there could be simultaneous events, but not for game-play.
Example for Romeo and Juliet (not actual Proposal as Ryan North already did a terrific Romeo and Juliet Choose-your-own adventure)
- **Chapter 1:**Player one plays Romeo in Chapter one; he’s devastated, makes choices about attending a ball or recovering from heartbreak
- Chapter 2: Player two plays Juliet. Has trouble with her parents, plans a ball
- Chapter 3 Romeo reacts to Juliet’s decisions at the Ball
- Chapter 4 - based off of the decisions Romeo made, have Juliet react accordingly at the Ball