Hello, guys! I have been working on a CS game lately (the working title: Kingdom of Blackwood, genre: medieval gothic horror) and I need your help with my magic system.
- There are three elements: light, fire and darkness. I am planning for every element to have five spells. I came up with all five spells for light, but I got stuck with fire and darkness; I am missing one spell for each. It would be nice if you could come up with spells that are more adventure gamey than actiony in nature.
Here is the list of fire and darkness spells I have and their effects:
- Sparks - Not very harmful. Used mostly for distraction and confusion. The sparks fly in random and changing directions.
- Fire Ball - Launches a ball of fire that travels in a straight line.
- Oil - Creates a slippery substance. Can be set on fire.
- Explosion - Creates a fiery explosion anywhere in caster’s sight.
- ??? - ???
- Transformation - Turns the caster into a rat.
- Summon Undead - Summons an undead minion to serve the caster. Context-sensitive.
- Mind Control - Forces the target to listen to the caster’s command. Context-sensitive.
- Curse - Afflicts the target with a negative status effect. Context-sensitive.
- ??? - ???
- Would you like the mind control spell to be passive (you cast the spell on someone and watch them carry out the command and whether they succeed in carrying it out or not depends purely on the luck stat) or would you like it to be active (you play as the character under the spell and their success/failure depends on your choices).