So, was trying to figure out how to share entire game folders using Dropbox for those roaming without internet or those who want/need offline play and found you can share whole folders, especially the web folder, which holds all the necessary game files.
- Go to Dropbox.com.
- To the right of your Public folder, click the Link icon (little gray chainlink). This creates, I believe, a permanent link to your Public folder.
- To the left, click Links. There’s a new link for Public - yay!
- Click the newborn link and navigate to your game’s “web” folder.
- The URL address should link to the web folder. The web folder should look like this to you. Image!
- The thing is, the URL address will change for someone who isn’t you. Image!
- The Download button should allow them to get a .zip of the web folder, which is all you need to play. Yay!
Here’s hoping that this helps disseminate your games for easy offline play or in some cases easy editing and reviewal for people who want it.
Notice: They’d be able to see absolutely everything, since they have the whole game. If you have paranoia, copyright fears, or don’t want them able to see everything, I don’t recommend giving the link willy-nilly on the forums for downloading, obviously. If you want offline accessibility, this is the best way I know.
So, comments, questions? If you know a more efficient way to share games, please, by all means, share it. This seemed like a long walk for a short drink of water to me.