How to create a poll in hidden text/spoiler tags?

I’d like to create a poll on a discussion thread for a WIP that has been given a release date later this year whose public demo has therefore been reduced in size. However the discussion thread prior to the release confirmation contains extensive discussion of elements in later sections of the public alpha that were trimmed from the new demo. I would like to poll people that have played the public alpha on elements of the public alpha that are no longer visible to new readers (until the release date), but I would like to put my poll under spoilers or hidden text (so that newcomers are protected from spoilers). I am unsure how to put a poll in hidden text or spoilers. Could someone please help me with this?

2 Likes

You can place the poll inside a Hide Details.

Like so.
What is your favorite formatting effect?
Most formatting commands can be used within polls.
  • Bold
  • Italics
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Code
  • Spoiler text
  • Keyboard
  • Big
  • Small
  • Subscript
  • Superscript
  • Link
  • Image of Choice of Games Logo

0 voters

Note that you need to use the angular brackets version of the command, as the square brackets version (i.e., [details][/details]) doesn’t allow nesting.

Code

<details><summary>Like so.</summary>

[poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar]
# <big>**What is your favorite formatting effect?**</big><br>Most formatting commands can be used within polls. 
* **Bold**
* *Italics*
* [u]Underline[/u]
* [s]Strikethrough[/s]
* `Code`
* [spoiler]Spoiler[/spoiler] text
* <kbd>Keyboard</kbd>
* <big>Big</big>
* <small>Small</small>
* <sub>Sub</sub>script
* <sup>Super</sup>script
* [Link](https://www.choiceofgames.com)
* ![Image of Choice of Games Logo|75x75](https://www.choiceofgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cog-simple-no-letters.png)
[/poll]

</details>
5 Likes

Big

1 Like

Can I just say holy shit thank you for also giving us the code for LITERALLY EVERY OTHER KIND OF FORMATTING AT THE SAME TIME? that’s genius, bro. Good work.

2 Likes