How many variables can a game hold?

Hello I was trying to search the “ChoiceScript Help” section, but I could not find an answer to my question. I was just wondering on what is the limit of variables? How many variables can a game hold? Sorry I’ve tried to search, but I can’t find any answer to this? Also might I add how many achievement points can we grant for a game?

Thanks.

I guess as many variables as you wish.

Oh? Well okay then. It was just something that was bugging me and I wonder if the game had too many vars then the game would crash? Or would it load slower? It was never mentioned anywhere so my curiosity is piqued.

It may affect the load time of the game, but Choicescript can handle hundreds, if not thousands, of variables.

tin star, the largest game developed using choicescript, has a good 829 global variables, and probably more temp variables. based on this, yeah, one most likely could create thousands if one wanted to! but, that said, it’s a good idea to keep your variables in check, and make sure you aren’t making more than you need to.

@JimD okay thank you.

@OfficerRattlesnake Right, tin star does have a large amount of variables. Keeping track of all those variables would be a nightmare if done incorrectly.

Thank you all for your answers.