How do I fix this bug?

I use Dragon Natural Speaking to talk-to-text. Of course, if I forget that I have a hot mike when someone walks in the room and begin talking to me (I do have a “do not disturb” sign, but I also have children who forget), the text file I’m working on will pick up what I say. No problem, right? Just delete.

Except, I have one place where “just delete” isn’t working. The text looks like this in the scene file:

William rides the horses hard off of the the main road, through the forest, and back to the large oak. **
Hooping and hollering, they each jump out of the carriage.

What is this? There are two small chests in the carriage.

Little John calls to you. “Look, Robert!”

One chest is full of gold coins and the other with rare stones. The men stand goggling at the spoils.

*goto_scene RH1b

But it looks like this in the game:

William rides the horses hard off of the the main road, through the forest, and back to the large oak. Hooping and hollering, they each jump out of the carriage.

One chest is full of gold coins and the other with rare stones. The men stand goggling at the spoils.

When she think I hurt myself yesterday I am sore all over not be I said I hurt myself yesterday will not be up law I did my C like it I’m talking*comment Copyright 2010 by Dan Fabulich.

I have deleted the original scene file and created a new one twice, but the bug is still in the game. How do I get rid of it?

I’m not sure I quite understand. I think what you’re saying is that you’ve got extra text that you deleted but is still showing up in the playtest anyway?

I’m assuming you’re using the index file (not a web host like dashingdons) for the playtest.
Might still be worth clearing your cache anyway to be sure. The copyright text is odd though. Are you sure there’s not text elsewhere in your game rather than the file you’re working on? (Like the ending file etc).

Hm, first thing first, try not to use asterisks(*) to mark your code next time. Use the </> button on your comment taskbar instead.

About your bug, I believe it’s somewhat related to a “miss directed” *goto_scene error, unless I’m mistaken. For now, it’s kinda hard to identify the cause of it because the code excerpt doesn’t seem to have any bug on it.

Maybe you can clarify, what kind of bug you’re countering exactly.
Text doesn’t got deleted as inteded as @Jacic said? Or is it other thing?

Thanks for replying.

When I play test my game, I am using the index file in the Web folder; however, since this bug occured, I’ve been play testing in the my game folder as well trying to see if that odd scene file is somewhere else. Where else can
I try to find it to remove it from the game, because I’ve only tried recoding the scene text files that are related to that scene.

I do not put the Asterix in my scene text files.When I typed my scenes into a notepad, the only Asterixs are the proper coding Asterixs. They appeared only in the Forum when I entered my examples, then selected B to make them bold. I wanted my samples to stand out from my explanation.

I will try clearing my cache.

It’s as explained before, and it’s very simple. I put some text into my scene file by mistake, I deleted it from the scene file, and it shows in the game when I play it, no matter how many different ways I tried to remove it.

Is all of that clearer?

You are understanding correctly. I will try clearing out my cache. I don’t know why the copyright text is showing like that on that one page as well. I’ve tried to look for the text elsewhere, but where else can I look beside the text file in the scene folder?

Try typing a piece of the unwanted text into the search bar of your computer. You may be able to find it that way.

If not try running quick test with the full text turned on and see if you can tell from there where it’s redirecting.

Ah, what I mean by the asterisks is when you type it on forums. Unfortunately, the forum uses asterisks as a bold tag as well. That what makes your code snippet looks messy (to me, at least)

And this is what I mean by using </> to make your code snippet stands out

[details=Code]

William rides the horses hard off of the the main road, through the forest, and back to the large oak.
Hooping and hollering, they each jump out of the carriage.

*goto_scene RH1b
```[/details]

BTW, I deleted all redundant asterisks :point_up_2:
Is that how your code goes?

What does scene RH1b look like?

Thanks for replying but since the bug was happening early in my game,I decided to open a new cog base files in a new folder in a new location and start again by copy/paste and the bug is gone.