Hosting Works in Progess

I sent you a pm on it, but I am going to be off line for a week as I have to get my phone fixed. The phone is my only access to the web in the ttruck right now.

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=65133&#38

The public folder change will not affect existing users at all, so if you’re a non-developer reading this post you have nothing to worry about. For new users who still want the Public folder, we’ll have a way to enable it for new accounts, but it’ll be off by default in favor of the new Dropbox links feature.

Dropbox has pushed back the public folder ‘removal’ by one month AND announced that whilst new accounts will not have it by default, there will be a way to reactivate it, so, crisis averted, I think :slight_smile:

=D> :-bd #:-s

Good to know as I’m using it and I’ll still be using it… I feel relieved. #:-s

Hello, since you managed to get it working, do I have to upload all of the choicescript directory structure or just /web?

Trying out the game from /web/mygame/index.html just goes:

Loading…

What am I doing wrong?

Also, public folders can no longer be shared? (I tried Sharing mine, and couldn’t). Are there any workarounds for a team to edit the same documents?

You can’t share public folders, although you can just make a folder outside it which you can share with others (that’s basically what I did; after I finish working with the rest of the group, I upload the stuff in the public folder to be able to link it to everyone).

You only need to upload the /web/ folder and everything beneath it, yes.
And as Alex says, you can’t share editing permissions for public folders - you never could as far as I know.