Historical Game Ideas - Mostly pitches for games with some games on the cusp of being a 'Work in Progress'

I love your writing style so this is pretty exciting :smiley:

Qing Collapse looks interesting so far in its focus on internal Chinese affairs/sentiments and how they interact with foreign influences.

As for the Canadian politics game, I guess it’d depend on how Canadian you make it. If it leans more towards the political-simulation side than strict following of history, then there’d probably be wider interest. The idea of playing a politician in an ‘underdog’ country of sorts that is still trying to find its place on the international scene (whilst being greatly overshadowed by their southern neighbour) makes for an interesting dynamic, as well as internal social and economic issues. It’d probably take a bit of creativity to make the regional differences meaningful enough for non-Canucks, though :confused: (If you do go ahead with it eventually, will there be more background choices? An MC from the islands or territories would be intriguing.)

Iroquois 1700s definitely sounds compelling in that it, like the Qing game, has the potential to explore anti-Western European sentiment :+1:

The character-locking in the Iliad game :heart_eyes: I guess that would need to be designed in a way that it’s not just a straight CS adaptation of The Iliad but allow room for some character development and stuff. It’s been a while since I’ve read them, but I’d have thought The Odyssey would suit your style better since it’s more episodic and varied.

2 Likes