Highlands, Deep Waters [Released]

Grammatical error

2 Likes

“three story building”

2 Likes

The origin of you second character is always unknown and the sanity stat is empty

2 Likes

The same options shows up when you ask about Mayberry lane and what happened to the first character.

2 Likes

Is there any relation between Stephen and Olivia Urquhart?

2 Likes

Nop, as they are mutually exclusive characters. That’s a big difference between the prologue and the main story buddies: while only one prologue buddy exists in the game’s world, all the three main story buddies exist regardless of your choices.

And thank you so much for your feedbacks! We’ll fix everything that you pointed out, and we’ll post it here when the next version becomes available.

1 Like

I had some suggestion regarding the gameplay although I do not have any idea about how much useful they would be but I am posting them nonetheless.
I think it would be convenient if you were to add the information the player finds in investigation in the case file and if the player could also create a list of suspects related to the crimes that would certainly help in the final conclusive report that they has to make at the end of the story.

1 Like

The main story, but both can become cultists at one point or another. Some paths a very specific, though.

Damn they must be out of business by now. Jk, the option shouldn’t be reusable, it’s fixed now.

We ditched Origin on the second character because we didn’t found anywhere good to put it or test it. Either way, it shouldn’t appear there.

Now, about Sanity, I have a theory on what was causing that and it should be fixed by now.

You mean that they were appearing again or that they were missplaced? Either way, they shouldn’t appear again so at least that isn’t going to happen anymore.

Thank you so much for your reports. Nerull is fixing the grammar mistakes and typos and I’m fixing the bugs.

There is plenty of information that is missing on the Case Notes part. At the moment I believe it only gets updated until the middle of Chapter 2. Also the Characters tab should give more info about people, particularly if you have evidence about them or witnessed them doing something weird. We’ll make sure to work on that!

3 Likes

Excellent experience that had be absorbed for hours and hours. Very interesting, hard too do, fun too figure out. I can say one thing for sure though.

Hardest choice game yet.

4 Likes

Folks, we’re going to update the game quite frequently from now on, but it will consist mostly of typo-fixing and grammar revision. The actual content of the game will have only minor changes until we submit it.

4 Likes

Honestly, this is the best text game I’ve played in awhile. I’m still exploring it, whenever I have time!

3 Likes

By the way shouldn’t you guys move the game to the “Hosted Games Beta” category?

1 Like

Don’t post in a WIP thread that’s been inactive for more than 2 weeks unless you’re the author.

It’s against the rules.

@Tuhin_Subhra_Maity No. It’s still a Work In Progress. When it’s fully complete and the author is looking to publish it, then they’ll change it to the Hosted Games Beta topic.

At least, I THINK that’s how it works.

4 Likes

How do we do that, exactly? Just change the title of the topic? Before or after answering the form and submiting the game? Is a new topic necessary?

Thing is, the game is running well for quite some time, we’ve just been doing revision stuff, mostly grammar or adding extra content.

1 Like

Change the subject from ‘Works In Progress’ to ‘Hosted Games Beta’. That’s it.

I think it’s up to you.

1 Like

I think you should be able to change the topic in the title section (and change the title to final testing if you want as well). If it’s locked you out when you want to move it, let me or one regulars/mods know and we should be able to move it across for you :).
I’d love to finish testing your wip, have been really enjoying it. Just been a bit snowed under with work of late. Hopefully I’ll finish it before you submit!

1 Like

I can’t seem to get past the point where you have to work out what the coded address is. 4chan is no help and the rest of the web is down. I can exhaust all the options but it won’t let me sleep until I guess the address so I’m stuck.

there is a coding fault ta the scene where alex pays the first detective ,the last word
its {amountpaid} instead of !{amountpaid}

Have you tried to input the wrong code more than once? Everytime you try the wrong code, it gives you a new tip, untill it eventually practically handles you the answer.

Also, the bulletin board associated with your Archetype should provide you with at least a tip, unless you’re a Criminal, which seems to be the case.

Either way, I guess it wouldn’t hurt for us to make it clear in that segment that you can input the wrong address as many times as you need, since a lot of people had problems figuring it out. Thank you for the report.

@DUNGEON_MASTER

You can mention variables without using “!”, since its purpose is to capitalize the first letter. Seeing as the value inside the var “ammountPaid” is a number, there isn’t need for that. I checked here and everything seemed to be working fine. Can you be more specific as to what exactly you noticed? Was it during playing the game or checking out the code?

The only mistake, as far as I know, is the misspelling of the word “amount” in the name of the variable, but it was one of the first ones I did for the game. :sweat_smile:

Should be fixed now anyway.

1 Like

I don’t know if this has been asked but in the prologue is there a way to visit the black kirk?