Hey, what's that game? -- A thread for identifying ChoiceScript games

This is going to be pretty extensive, but let’s see if we can’t knock a few (more) items off your list.

I'll answer what I can, you'll have to decide if it sounds correct for yourself.
This one sounds like something I read a while back.

The SO was more a fiancé that the MC met at a college party. The angry childhood friend was the way they were because their father passed away under dubious circumstances that had to do with the founding members of the town, of whom the MC is a descendent, but not necessarily “indoctrinated” if the mysteries about the missing people were leading up to a conspiracy about said families. That sound about right? I am having trouble finding it for you if it is… Not sure what tags to search with since nothing seems to be coming up under more loose definitions. :sweat:

This a tad non-specific, so it should probably have a bit more filtering to understand which one you're after.

When you say ‘video game’ do you mean like a retro one with a “killing rats in the basement” type quest, or something else? That one is on hiatus, because of the author’s irl career path, iirc. This is the forum topic: Here

If I’m wrong, then at least you might like this ole goodie.

Not sure if this is entirely right, because only one of those is technically true for my answer here.

Still, it sounds a bit like this one.

If that’s not Golden Book One by Mila, then I don’t know what else it could be. :upside_down_face:

As for the other questions, I can only answer what I know, or have understood based on secondary info.

I think I read that this one is canceled. The author lost enthusiasm for the project, and much of that probably had something to do with rude/bad feedback. That’s the gist of what I know.

Not as far as I’m aware. The author is around sometimes posting in other topics, and I’ve understood that there are plenty of irl obligations that take priority in their life. Nothing unusual about about that.

Indefinite Hiatus? I don’t really know for sure, but that is a nice WIP.

Fairly certain this one is also on the cancelled list, if only based on the age, and inactivity of the blog, as well as a few posts on the blog site referencing it.

If I’m remembering rightly, then this one is the easiest to answer. The author, @LemonInk had decided some time back this project would be better suited to twine, since much of their vision for the project wasn’t typical for the style limitations of CS games. This is perfectly fine, since it’s better for anyone creating something to love the time, and effort they put into a project, and seeing it unfold the way they most want it to be.

2 Likes