Heroes of New Utopia (Superhero WIP: Prologue, CH1: 30k words)

This game is great so far, Dynamique and Roulette have both caught my attention.

1 Like

Dynamique and Roulette of course …

I feel sympathetic for Dynamique who lost her nose , is that the reason she hide under hood ? Even though i chose to ask her what happen to her nose, but i am not sure whether it is consider rude or in-compassionate… will she hates MC for asking that ?

1 Like

I picked telekinesis as a power and the part where it says the MC can’t fly doesn’t make sense. This is a power with lots of utility, one of them being able to use it to fly. An example would be Jean Grey.

Picked speed and got water manipulation in the initial fight Could probably skip the bars all together by running across the water. Example Flash.

1 Like

Jean Gary’s flight powers came from being The Pheonix, not just because she was telekinetic.

1 Like

could have sworn she could fly before that, i have another example Tatsumaki from one punch man

Except she was still able to fly when she wasn’t channelling it… :confused:

One problem with flight is that it will inherently unbalance the story, even compared to what it’s like now. One power should not be able to get flight unless they all do, and I’m assuming that if that happens, it’ll happen later.

2 Likes

Do you have to channel being human to be able to breathe? It’s something you are, whether it’s a conscious action or not.

Anyways, I like what there is so far. The mental constructs ability was cool (Psylocke!!)

And Jean is not the Phoenix, although she has used its power, and it, her appearance. :confused: (Unless they’ve retconned it again, which is always possible… :confounded:) But this is getting a little off-topic… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

lol got your nose (more letters)

2 Likes

For my interpretation , Telekinesis is the power to move objects at a distance by mental power …in this case, theoretically Telekinesis could levitate ourselves or others above ground but it would take lots of mental power and concentration , it will be very difficult to maintain moving velocity , balance and latitude above ground for long duration … and even if we could levitate ourselves to “fly”, we wouldn’t have enough ability to fight in the air since our mind is fully occupied , if we lose concentration for a second, dropping from the sky is no joke :slight_smile:

On the other hand, we could levitate others above ground but again we will be fully occupy in maintaining his/her levitation :smile:

3 Likes

Couldn’t you use it to beat the race though?
Like there was the part with the obstacles, you could have used telekinesis to simply move some obstacles away and clear a path but there was no option.

4 Likes

Yeah i suppose so … we could simply use telekinesis to “pull” our opponents back :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s pretty weak then imo

1 Like

Well, you can’t get the full toolbox starting out as a kid with no real experience, right?

9 Likes

By adulthood someone should have a decent grasp on their abilities

1 Like

As a teacher, I must wholeheartedly disagree. And Luke Skywalker didn’t become a Jedi immediately, after all.

6 Likes

And what about enhanced jumping for telekinetics?

Or doing the Thor trick of just throwing yourself somewhere?

Or grabbing stuff to be useful for the obstacle course?

1 Like

Luke didn’t grow up using the force either. Their abilities aren’t something new to the MC. They have had them since childhood, where as Luke had to seek training to even learn how use the force at all, it wasn’t something he could always do.

1 Like

Maybe you should reread the story it quite clearly states that the MC developed their power much later than the other applicants.

1 Like

How later is much later tho? When do powers manifest? Is it like mutants and starts around adolescents? If they only developed them recently, like in the last year I could understand their lack of control. All of these abilities can do amazing things, and as a hero it’s nice as a reader for the MC to feel powerful. Powerful heroes fighting powerful enemies. But like I said it’s understandable if they only got them recently, and developing their power could work nicely as part of character growth. Kind of like Deku from My Hero Academia.