Heroes of New Utopia (Superhero WIP: Prologue, CH1: 30k words)

The MC metions, if you make them a martial artist, that they had to stop when their power developped.

A shining golden medal. It’s not exactly an Olympic-grade award, but it was enough to draw attention within Utopia City. The martial arts taught you a lot — how to use your body, how to use your mind, and the discipline to do so properly.
Really, the medal is just icing.
But you had hoped to earn many more.
Unfortunately, the sudden emergence of your powers put an end to that.

When talking to Aphelion afteward, they mention that it was against him that they fought, and that it occurred about one or two years prior to the story.

"Hey, don’t I recognize you from the martial arts tournament a year or two ago?

5 Likes

This was certainly the feeling I was getting from the story.

1 Like

I just found this WIP!!! and omg its good.

2 Likes

smite should be smiting

forces should be forcing

A she pronoun is used to refer to him when other male pronouns were used

You miss spelledspelled midnight forgot the i

You forgot to add the n to on

Thanks, @Blank!

Progress on Ch2 continues. I’ve got the majority of the scaffold done and I’m working in the code (and some of the prose I’ve already done). My initial guess – emphasis on guess – is within four weeks. Less if I decide to shove some of Ch2 into Ch3, because Ch2 may be a bit too big. But we’ll see!

5 Likes

For the control stat when it levels up will we get access to new moves or does it just hurt mpre

1 Like

I’m thinking control will enable flashier, more precise choices.

1 Like

Like a living water snake for hydrokensis and maybe a burst of flames for pyrokensis

2 Likes

Lookin’ forward to more!

I really enjoyed Paradigm City so I am certainly looking forward to this!

5 Likes

Will the certain type of power we choose affect the story in anyway?

2 Likes

^ I was wondering the same thing.

1 Like

How do you mean? I’m planning on options/choices that will only show up if you have certain powers at certain points.

3 Likes

I won as martial artist and that athlete is shown winning in all 5 options. Sorry but not for me

I’m in love with this game!!!

Something like that. If we had the power of forming constructs of pure energy. Will the story curtail to our power choice.
Sorry I’m not sure if I’m wording this right.