Herculean (WIP, update 8/3/19)

There’s something in each of the other classes that will boost it. Not giving that away, though. It unlocks a special potion. I believe the highest that one can get to through the classes is 37

Would it be too difficult to make it so that any boost or penalty to Runa’s relationship stat also affects Nanta’s, obviously not as much, but I I know that how my siblings feel about other people affects how I feel about them. There are people that I have never met that I don’t like, because my siblings don’t like them.

Also, how many possible foci did you put in the game?

I definitely get what you’re saying. For Runa and Nanta, though, it would be more the opposite way. Like boosts/penalties to Nanta’s relationship would have an effect on how Runa views the person. Don’t worry too much about Nanta’s relationship level. You’ll spend a decent amount of time with her in Ch 1, so it won’t be hard to boost her relationship.

Foci:
materials are: glass, crystal, bone, wood

elements are: fire, water, earth, air, nature.

Nature is, in this world, kind of like the in-between elements. Earth is physical rock and stone and earth. Nature is lightning and plants and the living nature around you.

7 Likes

Ooooh. How do we get bone?

I’m not gonna give away how to get any of the different foci :3c

1 Like

@beargodgames
Could you at least tells us what each material is good for? :3
I’d assume bone would be good for manipulating necromantic arts (spirits?) and wood for nature-based stuff. The rest I have no idea.

1 Like

They’re purely for aesthetic. To add a personal touch to the game. There are certain personality traits tied to each and while I won’t say exactly what goes with what, your friends all have:

Akari: crystal, fire
Asara: crystal, water
Archor: crystal, nature
Rahul: glass, earth
Iovis: wood, air
Runa: glass, water

7 Likes

Wait, will there be necromancy in the game?

I don’t know yet. Honestly I hadn’t thought about it until someone brought it up this past week, so perhaps? It would certainly make things interesting.

I think that error is due to the fact BearGod changed the twin’s names but forgot to tweak the rest of the code to recognize the changes. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Similar issue, after we get our focus and after the finals, we get a chance to hang out with friends. Runa and Iovus do not work.

Might have been mentioned but I thought I’d mention it since I’m playing it right now.

Summary

All of that has been fixed now, so sorry about that!

1 Like

This error appears when I try to access the relationship bars.

Fixed!

Update: still working! I’ve been sick this past month and then had a week-long vacation. Finally back now and easing back into writing. But in the meantime, I’ve also been working on a pinterest board.

8 Likes

hello! i’m…mostly alive, i think. i’ve been sick lately, making focusing on coding (or anything, really) very difficult. so, in the meantime, i’ll write a snippet of each of the characters and what they’re getting up to in the 8 years between the first and second parts of the prologue!

vote here for who’s you’d like to see first!

7 Likes

hope you get better soon :heavy_heart_exclamation: seriously, that matter more :wink: so make sure ya get decent rest, and drink alot !

2 Likes

The plot of the game reminds me of the “ throne of glass” book series. There REALLY good books! So did you get inspired by them, author?

1 Like

I’ve never read them lol I have no idea what they’re about

1 Like