Help with choicescript please

Another problem, if i choose “yes” then it goes normally, but if i choose “no” it says “i knew it” and “i understand 101!” but that is not what it’s supposted to say.

Okay! Do you want “yes” to go to secintro and “no” to go to sleep?
Try:

*fake_choice
 #yes
  maybe.
  *goto secintro
 #no
  i knew it
  *goto sleep

Since you don’t tell it where to go after the *fake_choice, it just keeps reading, so it goes to “secintro.” Which makes sense for yes, but not for no.

Edit: I believe you could also do:

*fake_choice
 #yes
  maybe.
 #no
  i knew it
  *goto sleep

Because, like I said above, it’ll keep reading if you don’t tell it where to go.

I just wish they made it more simple. There are many other tools to create inter. fiction on the web and i understood it in 5 minutes

Have you looked at Chronicler or CSIDE? I haven’t used either, but they’re interfaces for ChoiceScript that may make more sense to you.

I use Wordpad++ for it.

Maybe check out the Chronicler or CSIDE links above and see if they look helpful to you? They’re both specifically for ChoiceScript.

Notepad++ is what I use, and you can install choicescript syntax highlighting, which I find useful (here). However, it’s definitely a more bare-bones option than the ChoiceScript-specific interfaces.

i think i got the hang of it a little. But, when i do fake_choice, how do i make one choice to *goto without the second one disappearing?

Disappearing? What do you mean? The second choice just doesn’t show up on the screen?

Make sure your indentation is right – the *goto needs to be indented more than the #choice.

(Also, it looks like you’re using single space indentation? I find tabs or 2-spaces way easier to track.)

"hello world"!
*choice
 #Dis is da first opton 
  *goto intro
 #Dis is de second opton
  *goto secintro
*label intro
did dis work?
*fake_choice
 #yes
  I knew it! :)
 #no
  i knew it, well, now you made sure to study. So..
*goto intro
*label secintro
you understand 101!
*goto sleep
*label sleep
i'm going to sleep.
*page_break
You woke up.

So if you choose “no,” you want it to go back to the start of intro? You just need to indent the *goto intro.
The way it’s written now, you’ll go back to the start of intro no matter what, sticking you in an eternal loop :slight_smile:
So:

"hello world"!
*choice
 #Dis is da first opton 
  *goto intro
 #Dis is de second opton
  *goto secintro
*label intro
did dis work?
*fake_choice
 #yes
 #no
  *goto intro
*label secintro
you understand 101!
*goto sleep
*label sleep
i'm going to sleep.
*page_break
You woke up.

Why did choosing “yes” let me continue? I mean, i want it to be like that, but you didn’t change the commands and now it works

Okay, let’s break it down!
Before, we had:

*fake_choice
 #yes
 #no
*goto intro

*goto intro isn’t indented at all. This means that, whether you choose yes or no, you go back to the start of intro.

(Remember my first post? It’s the same logic as the text after the *fake_choice there.)

I changed it to:

*fake_choice
 #yes
 #no
  *goto intro

Here, *goto intro is indented – you only reach it if you choose “no.”
“Yes” just keeps reading, which means that it goes to “you understand 101!” instead of restarting intro.

Does that make sense?

Yes! Thank you!
Also, as you know, people usually download CHS to make games, so i’d like to ask if you’d help me with commands when i start to make a game so i don’t have that much trouble. (If you have time)

I’m happy to help where I can, but I only started by own game last month, so I’m nowhere near an expert. I’d second @Toco’s suggestion to spend some time with the intro pages and the wiki (maybe only check the wiki if you’re trying to figure out something specific, since it can be overwhelming).

If you get stuck though, definitely search/post to the forums – I’ll try to help, and if I can’t, there are lots of experienced, helpful people around :smiley:

(y) :slight_smile: Welp, gud. I appreciate the help.