Help I can't fairmath

I’m a bit late, but IIRC when it comes to opposed stats you have to do + for the one you’re increasing and then - the opposed stat as well.

You recall that incorrectly. With an opposed pair stat there really is only one stat you can either increase or decrease. You can’t increase or decrease the opposed stat, because for as far as ChoiceScript is concerned it doesn’t exist as a stat. You’ll just get all sorts of funky errors if you try.

3 Likes

Strange. For my WIP, it wouldn’t reflect the opposed pair changed until I - the opposing stat. Maybe the CS I’m using for that particular one is outdated…

Not unless you downloaded a version from before I started using it in 2011. :slight_smile: Pretty sure “Again, note that “Finesse,” “Honor,” and “Vigilance” don’t really exist as variables in ChoiceScript, so we can write anything we like here” has always been part of the tutorial for CS.

2 Likes

shrugs

I always knew that CS was secretly revolting against me.

1 Like

@Sashira Which type of Editor/settings did you use to get those text collours for your code? It makes it a lot more readable from a coding pov. Currently using Visual study myself and would love to have similair colour set up specific for choice of scripts.