Heart of Flames: The Unforeseen Flame (WIP) [Updated 04/25/21]

The change to our advantage. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is a link to a small portion of chapter two. Iโ€™m having to rework on a lot of things for it because the code broke and I have delve into it to see whatโ€™s wrong. I feel bad that itโ€™s taken so long so I want you all to at least meet your hatchlingsโ€” even if itโ€™s for such a short period of time :sweat_smile:. I apologize for how short the portion is, but I hope you all enjoy.

The link :heart:.

31 Likes

this is a really basic question but what is a fae? Are they elves?

2 Likes

The Fae are very close relatives to the Elves. Just with a few different aspects that make them substantially different. Youโ€™ll find out more about those differences as the story progresses and the past of the Fae begins to be uncovered. And the big differences become apparent. For the most part Fae do look like elvesโ€ฆ they just have shorter ears and slightly elongated canines (like Maleficent). They also have an aura that the elves donโ€™t have, which will be explained deeper into the series.

8 Likes

Awesome. I usually never play games where you donโ€™t/canโ€™t play as a human but this seems like too good of a story to pass up

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, being Fae is very important to the series as a whole. It may not be fully apparent right now but it will be later. I hope you enjoy yourself nonetheless.

6 Likes

Like you said, the scene was short, but very wonderful. :blush:

Kinda wish I could answer Irithiel more in character (polite, but very shy/nervous around strangers), but that part of the scene will probably be more fleshed out later. At the very least, Iโ€™m glad I was able to pick a choice that wasnโ€™t outright rude, though the option was available for those oddballs who want it. Very nicely done! :grin:

If thereโ€™s anything we readers can help with regarding the puzzle that is the your gameโ€™s code not cooperating, let us know. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

There were more choices that were part of the scene, but I took them out because I needed to rework them as I wasnโ€™t sure if they were the reason that the chapter broke. Donโ€™t worry youโ€™ll be able to do so when the full update comes out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

Iโ€™m so happy that you enjoyed yourself :heart:.

12 Likes

In my experience, if a choice or two looks like itโ€™s breaking something, it probably has to do with indentation. Also, second on if we can help with the code. There is literally nothing I enjoy more than sitting down for like four hours and messing about with code on my own book, Iโ€™d be more than happy to help with other peoples books.

3 Likes

Thank you, I will certainly do so if I canโ€™t figure out the problem. I think I know what has caused the breakโ€ฆ thankfully. It will take a bit longer to completely rectify because I realized some of the code I previously thought was working was in all actuality not. Not to the breaking degree like what I originally thought, but itโ€™s not doing what I thought it was supposed to be doing. Luckily, I know how to fix thatโ€ฆ itโ€™s just going to take a bit. Thank you for your offer-- if the problem continues I will be more than grateful to have your help.

4 Likes

Romantic Options Scene
  • Aeleanor/Aeson
  • Elaria/Ezra
  • Catherine/Caleb
  • Lydia/Luca
  • Samara/Silas
  • Milena/Maven
  • Natalia/Nikolas
  • Lauren
  • Faolan
  • Aidan

0 voters

17 Likes

AHHHHH so hard to choose! thereโ€™s SO many ROs, and I want ALL OF THEMโ€ฆ :sob: I just used one of those (number?) generators to choose lol

4 Likes

images (6)

:fox_face:

4 Likes

Iโ€™m over here crying :sob: Meeting our dragon was so heartwarming :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love how you portrayed the feelings. Keep up with the good work :kissing_heart: Youโ€™re doing great

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:, Iโ€™m so excited for everything to get fixed so you guys can enjoy chapter two in all of its glory.

Hereโ€™s two screenshots for a character that will become important later in the series, but Iโ€™m really excited for you all to see :sweat_smile:.

34 Likes

My boss just asked me why Iโ€™m bouncing around in the freezer making an awkward squealing sound cause Iโ€™m happy. I canโ€™t wait to read the next update! Those screenshots look awesome!

12 Likes

This demo il too short i want more it already looks awesome :grin:

2 Likes

Why must you make me choose only one RO fir the RO scene? Iโ€™ve fallen for too many of them I canโ€™t choose :sob:

2 Likes

Maybe if you show your boss this, they will also, bounce around in freezer, making happy squealing noises. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That? Is what multiple play Throughs are for.

1 Like