H4CK3D (Title Pending) WIP! Major Stats Screen Update!

This is an interesting concept. Having 8 languages is… sort of ambitious. Just one quibble:

In 2496, I would expect the world to have changed a lot in terms of politics, social relations, and technology. not least of all, if inflation continues the way it has been, $500,000 would be worth a lot lower: if inflation continues in the 21st century as it did in the 20th, 500k would be like $20,000 in today’s dollars in just a hundred years [source]. But then again maybe economics changed a lot by 2496; I wouldn’t know, but it’s something I would want an explanation for in the game. Am I alone in that?

No, it wouldn’t lock you out of anything, but certain interactions may vary.

@autumnchen
It’s a tad bit of a spoiler why half a million is so much so many years in the future. Let’s just say they stroked while the country was vulnerable :wink:
But yes, things have arranged drastically. I will get more in depth to the lore in the story! Fashion has also changed, so the characters clothing choices may be a bit odd :smile:

1 Like

This might possibly be just a personal thing but I think it’s a bit unsettling to not have the US as a possible country of origin. It’s literally one of the most plausible places a cyber attack of this scale could happen

Also I’d recommend actually bumping up the value of the stolen asset just to improve the plot since realistically the countries you’ve included are all developed nations with GDP of hundreds of billions if not trillions of USD and half a million dollars although annoying for sure is not going to raise any major national, let alone international alarms.

There is a reason why the US is not an option- which will come up soon!

Yeah, I definitely will. On an earlier development this was not so far in the future, and the group was smaller, so the one thing I forgot was of course the most important thing- to change the amount they stole! Next update will have an updated currency (they don’t use paper money so much anymore), and more explanations to your questions.

2 Likes

Really hyped for this game. Kinda reminds me of Watchdogs :joy::joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.