Guenevere (WIP)

This can be taken at so many different levels … I’ll choose to read it that you are sweet and innocent due to their dirty minds cancelling each other out :smile_cat:

…I’ll just sit here quietly so I won’t say any other silly things.

1 Like

Hey, I’m really enjoying this; 10 times more than any of the actual games honestly.

Out of curiosity because I’m sure this may be a pressing matter later; does your sexuality dictate how Arthur will react if/when he finds out you’ve had an affair if you chose to have one? For example my first playthrough I got with Morgana but I still had sex with Arthur (cos, y’know, he’s the king) but the second time around I got with Morgana still (cos I much prefer the f/f relationships in pretty much anything) but I didn’t have sex with Arthur at any opportunity to the point where I told him outright I liked women and not men. In a hypothetical situation in the future when he finds out about Guen and Morgana, will he react less…betrayed if I had told him beforehand like the second playthrough?

I mean, with Lancelot he’s still going to be hella pissed any which way you spin it, but Arthur being Arthur I get the feeling he may be more…understanding if you’re upfront with him from the start at the camp. Is this going to happen or do you have a set idea for how Arthur will react? No biggie either way, I’m just asking.

And again, I love the entirety of this :smile:

4 Likes

Stuff and nonsense - you sitting there quietly, now that would be a silly thing. :relaxed:

1 Like

Actually, I’m pretty sure @jeantown mentioned that there actually IS a way to do it where Arthur won’t be completely furious. I have no idea HOW you make cheating with his best friend not rage-inducing…but I’m pretty sure it’s possible. :slight_smile:

@jeantown Seriously, how can we do that?! I’m dying of curiosity, and the game’s going to take the rest of the year to finish! Please?

@everyone In case you were wondering, the rest of the Guen’s backstories are coming, I swear! It’s just the end of the semester and I’ve been really busy.

5 Likes

Same here. :astonished:

It probably depends on how you tell him. If you say ‘I’m sleeping with your best friend behind your back, haha!’, then yeah, he’s gonna be mad. If you break it to him gently, he’ll probably still be upset that you chose Lance over him, but I think it would be more ‘sad upset’ than ‘rage upset’. And then there’s the option of saying that you want them both, if that’s the route you wanna go… ^_^;

Be patient! You’ll see how it turns out when @jeantown is done! :stuck_out_tongue:

@Sherlock221B, as for Morgana, I’m pretty sure telling him beforehand will lessen any outburst he might have, but otherwise I imagine it would work the same as Lancelot - it’ll depend on how you go about telling him.

4 Likes

@jeantown And @OtherGrimm’s post leads me to my follow-up question…how will Arthur react to a Guen who admits she loves him AND his sister/best friend? Or a Guen who confesses to wanting them all?

We eagerly await them. :smile:

In the mean time, I just wanted to share what my two Guens look like:

Shogun Era Guen/Me Guen: (but in a kimono)

Her faithful dog: He’s a Japanese Spitz. When my parents lived in Okinawa during the 1990s, they adopted a stray one and named her Stella. She passed away about six years ago.

Ditzy Guen:

And her dog, Bandit:

3 Likes

My guess is, better than a Guen who’s mean to him and tells him she’s been cheating. If she treats him like dirt, he’d be angry. If she wants all three, I think he’d be… a little distrubed, haha.

Guen: Hey Arthur, you have no problem sharing with your best-friend and sister, don’t you? So it’s totally okay to share me with them :wink:

Arthur::neutral_face:…W-What?

Guen: You know, “sharing:kissing_heart:

Arthur: :hushed: :flushed: :astonished: :dizzy_face:

And this was the story how King Arthur died through shock, Queen Guen got 2/3 of her harem and became the sole ruler of the kingdom.

15 Likes

Hey so I remember seeing some MBTI conversations going on in this thread. Anyway, I tried typing some of my Guens.:blush: I’ll also be adding a description. Also, if you’re unaware of cognitive functions (which I will be talking about a bit), check this blog. It helps a lot.

Shy Guen INFJ, sometimes INFP. She’s very timid and has a one-way track of mind. INFJ Shy Guen is very concerned with what others think of her and she often puts the feelings of others before herself. INFP Shy Guen is less concerned with what others think of her, but when she is defiant, she rebels in a very quiet way. Both are very concerned with helping others, but for different reasons according to their cognitive functions. INFJ Guen channels her extraverted feeling as she is very selfless and genuinely cares for the people. INFP Guen uses her introverted feeling and strong moral code to motivate her to do what is right. Both Guens are in a relationship with Lancelot but are slow to initiate a romantic relationship with him. Faceclaim for Shy Guen is Daenerys Targaryen.

Tomboy Guen ISFP or ENTP (with well-rounded Fe). She’s very tomboyish and prefers breaches over gowns, but she doesn’t hold that against her feminine friends at court, since she knows it’s a preference. She’s very skilled in leadership and combat. She’s a very sweet person but she tends to hide her feelings to appear stronger. She’s also very ambitious, but in a healthy way. She is a Lawful Good at heart and will do anything for her people. She is also on very good terms with Lance, Morgana, and Arthur. In most gameplays she’s in a romance with Arthur but I also like her with Morgana. Headcanon Tomboy Guen is Courtney McCullough, my favorite model!!

Ditzy Machiavellian Guen Yes, she’s ditzy and Machiavellian. ISTP. Ambitious and calculating, but longs to return to Cornwall. She’s trying to make the best out of her situation by utilizing her power for good, but she still doesn’t enjoy being queen. She’s the life of the party and tries to substitute her perpetual homesickness with fun and games. She is very rash, though, and safety is important to her. This is why she wants Meligaunt’s sword (to destroy it) and why she killed Hrotulf. She’s very neutral about Arthur and doesn’t care much for him, though she does treat him as a good friend. She only comes to Morgana when she needs help, and doesn’t actively seek friendship her. Meanwhile, she’s in a friends-with-benefits relationship with Lance. However, she will do whatever she can to keep Britain safe as long as it doesn’t come at her own expense. She looks like Winona Ryder.

Evil Guen, or Cersei Guen Typically INTJ though a ‘lighter’ version of Evil Guen is ENTJ with well-rounded Fi though sometimes she’s INTP. It’s so hard for me to play an evil Guen but so fun at the same time. Whenever I read in her voice, it always comes out as Lena Headey’s. Evil Guen enjoys fashion and other pretty things, but she has very low convival. Calling her a lone wolf is an understatement. She completely disregards Arthur and treats him cruelly and is often apathetic about him. Morgana is her best friend, her confidante. She’s also hopelessly in love with Lancelot, but later on I might have her pair up with Mordred. I’m still looking for a good headcanon Evil Guen. I don’t have a headcanon face for Evil Cersei Guen. But later in the series, I imagine she’d look like Lena Headey.

Canon Guen ISFJ or ENTP. The first Guen I played as. She’s kind, intelligent, and responsible. She genuinely loves Arthur and Morgana is her best friend. She thinks of Lancelot as a nuisance. She’s a faithful wife to Arthur and will stop at nothing to help her husband and her country. She is much more feminine than Tomboy Guen and has a moderate convival stat. ISFJ Guen also very cautious, traditional, and nurturing. Meanwhile, ENTP Guen is more blunt and logical. She’s skilled in dark magic and leadership and often trains with Maris and Bretta (for their companionship and because she HATES Lancelot). She’s very outgoing as well. She’s true Lawful Good. My headcanon Canon Guen is the one and only Daisy Ridley.

Also, @Mirabella, I love your Shogun Era Guen! It’d be really interesting to see Guen in a kimono. Keep up the good work, @jeantown, I love this game. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Indeed it is. :slight_smile:

I think I need a few more months of everyone being in ignorant bliss.

Nope, goodness not required.

Happened to me with my second Inquisitor, who was intended to be ruthless and pick all the mean choices because he was a qunari mage and his deepest fear was becoming saarebas and he was therefore really paranoid and self-protective… but then everyone was so nice to him that he couldn’t help but change.

Plot boxers indeed. :smile:

@Sherlock221B Thank you! :smile:

Yes, if Guen already told Arthur she likes women, and then she tells him she’s involved with Morgana, he’ll take it relatively well. Less well if Guen had sex with him and didn’t tell him she was a lesbian, but he won’t lose his mind over it. Lancelot, on the other hand…

Actually there will be a way to spin it that won’t exactly result in hella pissed (basically Guen will be able to blame the lust spell), but there will also be ways to spin it that will result in all hella pissed breaking loose (in an Arthur sort of way). I have a pretty clear idea of what I want the range of possible reactions to be.

Blame the lust spell. Exaggerate the effects of the lust spell. Bend the truth so it sounds more like a love spell. May require an established track record of lying.

Now that, I do still need to think more about. Arthur can come to accept all of those things in the long term, but I’m not sure yet what his immediate reaction will be.

@Mirabella love the pictures, especially the doggies! :smiley:

Sounds like a possible easter egg to me. :grin:

@TruMaknae Thank you for all the Guens! :smile: I love all the variation here, and the complexity, especially Ditzy Machiavellian Guen – I think that’s a first. :slight_smile: All of them are multilayered and beautifully thought-out; I look forward to seeing how they handle the events to come.

8 Likes

I just wanted to share how my imagination pictured it, if that’s all right. I thought it’d perhaps be a bit like other Arthur reactions (it depends on how one spins it).

For instance, “Arthur . . . what would you think about an open relationship? Or how about getting a little . . . closer, to Lancelot?” One reaction could certainly be ‘EWW/augh’. But Arthur seems to be rather spontaneous, and I like to think that my diplomatic Guen (whilst uninterested in such things actually), should she try to spin this, could somehow get a 'ooh - you know, actually, that could be fun," kind of response.

Or possibly I’m over-optimistic at diplomatic Guen’s spinning abilities. (Didn’t they teach court women how to spin properly, those days, anyhow?)

One of my favourite aspects of Guenevere-your-game is exploring the NPC’s personalities, and how different they can seem depending on how any given Guen acts. It’s fantastic.

3 Likes

I love your Canon and Tomboy Guens! :heart:

I’ve never been big on the MTBI things. Every time I take the test, I get different results. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yessss! Make it happennnnnn!

1 Like

Aww thanks!

Also, the MBTI tests are duped. I always get different things too, everyone does. The most reliable way to be typed correctly is to study the cognitive functions and what they do, and look at the MBTI descriptions. I took a test on tumblr created by a user and the test calculates one’s the cognitive functions instead of the same-old ‘are you a planner or a judger?’ questions. I could go on about it, but I might just post in another thread about it.

MBTI is a very scientific study, and information has been falsely spread and misinformed to the masses. It’s a lot more accurate than horoscopes, since MBTI measures how your mind functions and analyzes information whereas the zodiac signs have a pre-set personality.

1 Like

I’m just trying to imagine Arthur angry.

…it’s really hard. Like, when Guen and Morgana spoke about how idealistic he was, with teasing about him filling the moat…

Pfft.

I just imagine Arthur pouting and sitting with Merlin, trying to get some pity but Merlin is like :NO, I HAVE TO GO THE THE 21ST CENTURY! twerks into the night

XD

Ahhaha.

Also, is there an option for Guen to identify as lesbian, and tell Arthur that, but still sleep with him (for having kids, whatever).

AND, what if Guen identified as male? :confused: Goodness.

4 Likes

I accomplished that by refusing to sleep with him on the wedding night and then explaining. Guen’s orientation to him at Badon Hill. Then in book 2, while explaining everything Guen was up to over the past three years, I said that they had sex eventually and then continued to do so.

1 Like

Ah, but no true ‘conversation’ going: I want kids, and I like you, okay with your kids, just wish sex wasn’t involved, since I’d rather be with a lady. But we cool, I’ll just…pretend. Could you grow your hair out…maybe?

Hahah.

Thank you!

7 Likes

@Jeantown, if Arthur and Meligaunt are gonna fight each other at Michaelsmount, then that means they’re gonna kill each other out if we don’t interrupt, right?

If that is so, then I might be able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Meligaunt’ll die/get captured, and Arthur gets wounded. Win-win situation for the Ruthless Ambitious Guen.

In addtion, if that is true, then Meligaunt’s sword doesn’t seem so desirable. I’ll just learn about the kitchen location and order Lance to find the documents in Grimald’s kitchen, and to make an alliance with Grimald.

1 Like