Greenwarden [NO LONGER ON COG]

Can’t play the demo :frowning:

4 Likes

@redfield @Mei_Hiroshi @Bulk_Biceps @Frawgie @OscarKane

Fixed! Apparently if you don’t put funny little spaces before and after the “|” in the save file plugin, Dashingdon flips out. Should be fixed now!

19 Likes

I could feel the panic attack too vividly there. And the best (for me) is that Bautista bear figure there to comfort me hehe
Since your story is so unpredictable (which I liked), please don’t give me choices that could end up killed Bautista in the next chapters :joy:

4 Likes

I love this demo! You have a really good way to describe the panic moments. I realy have the feeling that I can feel it. All the characters are unique and I’m looking forward to learn more about the poor MC.
Best of luck!

5 Likes

Don’t worry!! None of the characters will end up dying.

In Book 1, at least. :)c

12 Likes

Discovered this demo two days ago and literally consumed it all in one night, it’s fantastic! :grin:

I love the way you write the MC - the grumpiness, the jaded comments, having the option to be constantly surprised when people care about them, it’s… chef’s kiss. I’m usually a big sucker for stories where the main character is often vulnerable as opposed to a power fantasy, and your story hits all the right marks for that.

And I have to agree with the comments above - your way of describing panic and mental breakdowns is very convincing. I’m fortunate enough to never have experienced anything so severe, but even so it’s easy to get pulled in and feel the dread myself.

And then there are ROs and let me just say I’m swooning all over Bautista xD I love how we’re shown that even when MC & B don’t necessarily like each other, they still work in sync. And all those soft moments, when Bautista silently supports the MC and worries about them… perfection. Other characters are fascinating in their own right too and I’m 100% convinced I’ll be tempted to replay this over and over to check out all the routes possible. And I just love the dysfunctional found family vibes I’m getting from the entire group.

One thing I gotta ask is if you’re planning to implement a skill system, in addition to psychological traits? I’m not sure if there already is one hidden and whether I should worry which action to take at certain moments to succeed, e.g. when MC is lost in the forest and we can choose whether they’ll use their sense of direction or look for the sun, etc. Or is it just for flavour and the outcome remains the same? It’s absolutely fine either way, just curious :blush:

8 Likes

Thank you for all your very very kind messages and I am now going to leave you my first born!!!

There’s a sort of kind of a skill system in place – it’s hidden for now, but I tend to shy away from skill-based text games. You’ll have those skills, but they won’t effect the outcome of the story too much. I want choices to effect the direction of the story, not so much skills. So you can’t really fail too badly in this game unless you make purposeful choices.

At least not yet. :^)

24 Likes

I like the book, hoping to read more.

1 Like

I played through the demo last night and absolutely loved it. Love a mc who is an absolute gremlin, and the writing is quite good. Definitely reccomend it to people, just be sure to be safe and look at content warnings for the story first.

When I found the forum post, I got thinking that it might be good if you put a non spoilery summary of the plot and list the different ROs. might be helpful for people who just find the forum post and know nothing else about the game.

9 Likes

Umm. I just played the game last night, and it’s either me, or I can’t find the update. Still ends after the little waiter person, I forgot their name at the moment, agrees to either train you, or you refuse.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s where the update ends! There was no update in October because I was busy getting swarmed with schoolwork.

13 Likes

When playing as a trans woman, why is top surgery used to differentiate between whether you are transitioned or not?

It’s not even remotely close to being the defining feature of transition, at least not for anyone I know.

I’m genuinely very confused why it’s written like this. Hormones are vastly more common and it’s not like every can even take those, and if you had to go with surgery grs would be more ‘iconic’.

It’s not so much used to differentiate whether or not you transitioned as it is supposed to be gender-affirming for transfemmes who have had top surgery??

At least it’s not supposed to be written that way. I’ll have to go over it again and make sure I’m coming off as “trans women MUST have top surgery to be Real Women and if you don’t transition you’re not a Real Woman!!!111!!one” and absolutely rewrite it if I am.

The issue is that not everyone takes hormones or has GRS or top surgery, so I’m trying to be affirming while still keeping it open enough for headcanons on where the MC is in their transition. It’s not about iconicity. I’m in the process of reworking the gender choice system at the beginning of the game to be more inclusive, so maybe that’ll read better for my fellow trans folks and cis people who are allies. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

16 Likes

I didn’t get that impression from it, for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

:heart::heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

I really really LOVE this WIP, I’ve been following this storie for a long time, and It always amaze me (This’s one of my Fav in the forum) hope one day u can upload in hg page :blush:. Have to add: the writing is quite good

I like the MC s personality, it’s not like all the mc from other wips (sane and the typical heroes) :sweat_smile:. The ros are so interesting and and I really like that there are many choices and each one have their own reaction/response

:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

STATS

For the future stats, when you fix them, you can add the Bar stat "Honest vs deceptive/liar :upside_down_face:

And in the final version u will keep the % realitionship bar hidden or not? :thinking: There are other books where the relationships have a little description of how is your MC with that character and how are their feelings toward the Mc. Idk, there are persons who prefer the % relationships and others who prefer just a description

• I like that u added the status of the Mc, if they are Wounded, hurt… :blush:

What do u mean by the idea of changing the gender system?? :thinking::thinking::thinking: Details Depending on the gender that you choose?

:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

Looking forward future updates :star_struck:

7 Likes

Thank u thank u!!! I’m glad you’ve been following it for a long time!!

The MC is already a liar (for survival sake, if nothing else) so I feel like an Honesty/Deception stat would be slightly redundant. They are, after all, a government agent. But look out for future games from me that might have something similar ;)c

Nope!! The stats you see now are pretty much the stats you’ll see in the final version.

If you’ve ever played any games by Marti over at Heart Forge Games (which I can’t recommend enough), I mean something along the lines of what they have in their games.

So, choosing your preferred pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them, custom), and then continuing with choosing whether you’re on hormones, have had top surgery, are intersex, have dysphoria, etc. etc. Rather than just the usual “are you a man, a woman, or Other” which in and of itself I think feels a little alienating.

8 Likes

Oi @fiddles Am I crazier than crazy and completely lost my ability to understand or.!?

When my character is apathetic, why is that description under that stars say that the MC

displays remarkable empathy and will avoid civilian or personnel casualties if the option is available

2 Likes

And @fiddles I went with the route NOT TO GET TRAINING yet when MC entered their hotel room there’s a marigold flower in their hand
:roll_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow::unamused:

I was wondering how I got that damn flower. It had been a while since my “accept training” playthrough, so I was unsure.

Yeah my main doesn’t trust Devin. They almost got her killed. Not getting the chance to punch them like Nazeri was a total bummer. Part of me is like “Devin is too soft and precious to hurt” the other is like “they’re fucking faking, don’t fall for it”. Awesome character that clearly has hidden depth.

7 Likes