Golden: Book One - [Updated 8th July 2023]

No, it’s not a love triangle, I’m not a fan of love triangles.
If the poly route were to be in game, it would end up being a relationship between K, P and your MC.

10 Likes

I :heart: you.

I still feel absolutely skeevy whenever I remember trying out the LT route in Wayhaven and Ava pulls the “I wish I were the only one” line from the hospital bed. I swore to never again.

10 Likes

I feel like we could have a talk about love triangles for hours and hours, like… they’re just not it!!!

13 Likes

Golden Progress Update - 9th February 2022

I’m still in my writing slump unfortunately, I was hoping to shake it off by now, but alas. Overall, I’m doing okay, but I’m falling into a pattern where I’m spiralling into self-deprecating behaviour that won’t be good mentally - and constantly comparing my writing to others’ isn’t great for me either.

I’m going to take a break from Tumblr, a semi-hiatus , so to speak. I think the break will help and take a bit of pressure off of me, also giving me time to write and work on behind-the-scenes stuff.

For those who follow me on there, feel free to continue sending any asks in, I may come on to answer a few over the break. I’ll still reblog stuff every now and then, but I’ll mostly be away.

~

This update was to mainly talk about the romance guide, and how it’s going to be updated again due to a development in A’s character:

A Dempsey & Sexuality

I mentioned in an ask earlier that none of the characters in Golden are the finished article, there are so many things that I come up whilst I write, some ideas that come to me whilst I’m jotting down notes - a thought like A being demisexual and demiromantic.

Notes Continued

Thoughts and Ideas

It was a week or so ago that I released the romance guide to the game, showing that all aspects of the characters are continuing to be developed and the thought and idea of A being demisexual is one that I’ve been thinking of for a while.

I didn’t want to announce this without doing my own research, without knowing specifically where A fits on this spectrum and how it will impact Golden - especially as I’m not demisexual myself. The last thing I’d want to do is offend or hurt anyone so this became one of the most important things for me.

A as a character

In terms of what inspired this, I’d say that I was looking at B, K and P and wondering how they compare to each other in terms of sex and romance, who’s had more experience than who, emotions that can develop from that etc. and I realised that these topics for A are very different from that of their friends.

A is definitely the least emotional of the four, that’s been obvious from the beginning (I’m not at all saying that demisexuality is a personality trait, just mentioning what A is like as a character!!), and I realised that them falling for the MC will be a huge experience for them both romantically and sexually.

A on their sexual identity

The broad definition of demisexuality is someone who experiences sexual attraction only when they have an emotional bond with someone.

For A, an emotional bond and having trust in a person is essential for them to have a sexual attraction towards someone - meaning one-night stands for A is a complete no. A friends-with-benefits relationship with A is something they wouldn’t do either.

How this will be explored in game, alongside their romance as a whole

I wanted to have a brief idea of this before I made the announcement too. I already knew that beginning an official relationship with A would require some trust and emotional bond, the same will be if a sexual relationship is going to occur.

In terms of how this will be shown in game:

• I’m thinking of creating an extra stat for A where you collect an amount of points an ’ emotional bond & trust ’ stat, thus depending on the amount of points you have for this stat, dialogue/text will be different, A’s actions may be a little different, there may be an extra set of choices - and then the points will unlock the nsfw scene if that’s something you choose.
  • The points will also reveal more emotional scenes with A , they’ll be more open to the MC about themselves and other things (if you don’t have enough points for this, you will still get A opening up to your MC, but with these points, it will happen earlier in game).
  • A POV scenes, their thoughts, conversations with the others etc. will discuss A’s demisexuality - for example, a conversation about their previous relationships, mentioning what happened in past relationships with those people, that one person, in particular, wanted to just have sex than create any emotional bond causing A to not continue with that - I want the realism factor to be in this game and things like this do occur in real life.
  • A and the MC actually having a conversation about their demisexuality.
  • The others may discuss A’s emotions with the MC too, e.g., B has a conversation with the MC and mentions that they’ve sensed a difference in A’s emotions recently - indicating that could be/is the MC’s doing - as you’re romancing A, this will just be in a general sense and won’t be affected by the stat mentioned in the first bullet point.
  • I’m not completely sure on the nsfw scenes at the moment, but A’s will happen last out of the other three.
  • Developing a relationship with A will most likely take the longest too.

Feel free to send any questions you have on A and their demisexuality, and if you have any suggestions on how this could be discussed further in game, please let me know.

36 Likes

I hope you feel better soon. :frowning_face:

Who’re you comparing yourself to, Terry Pratchett? O_o This is like Elton John being depressed about his singing because he isn’t Freddie Mercury.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, this is something as a writer you’ll go through a lot. I hope you feel better, and I do think taking some time off might help you focus on the writing too. Hang in there :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Extra Content

helloo! i’m pretty much off my hiatus now (i thought it would be much longer but my internship are going to give me some days off & i’m feeling a lot less stressed) & i wrote a few drabbles for valentine’s day. the best way to get out of a writing slump is to… write, apparently.

the short stories for each ro will be linked on their names below:

i’m so, so excited for you to read them!! of course i’d love it if you read them all as each of them are different, they’re all well over 1,400 words (& i woke up at ridiculous times to write & have them ready for today). i hope you enjoy them!

this is also an insight to what regular extra content will be like if you subscribe to my patreon when it’s uploaded in the future.

46 Likes

Thank you so much for this V Day bless! Totally didn’t melt my heart. Like at all. Nope. My heart isn’t a puddle right now. Definitely.

2 Likes

Oooooh, Discount Chocolate Day’s Eve content!

Your second Valentine’s Day, that’s when A knew this relationship was real, when they realised there’d be no point shying away from this any longer. A day of light touches, soft smiles, kisses along your jaw that said ‘I’m falling for you’ better than A ever could.

I mean, I don’t particularly object to slow burns, but over two years of dating to get to this stage is pushing it a bit, A.

You’re killing me with B, here, just so you know. :sob:

Oooooh, K drops the c-word.

“You’re, um—” You interrupt yourself, realising that K hasn’t torn their gaze away from you. “You’re spending the day with me.” That’s what this is, right? You question to yourself. This domestic stuff, waking up to them making you a hot drink that you love.

I see we’re dealing with a genius MC here. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Alright, FINE, I guess I can get over that mindwipe thing. I GUESS! FINE!

“You’re flirting with me,” you blurt out, wrapping your fingers around the filled basket before lifting it off the table.

No shit, sherlock. I guess we know which two MCs picked Intelligence for their dump stat.

D’aaaaaaaaw.

2 Likes

Happy cake day!! Hope you’re having a lovely day.

A definitely shows affection more than they actually say it. They aren’t really the person who registers how they feel. They’re in love with the MC by that stage, even if ‘falling’ is the way they choose to think about it - that’s easier than thinking ‘love’, in their eyes, anyway.

Nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious! (especially when it comes to writing & seeing characters’ reactions !)

4 Likes

I consider these four tidbits a great cakeday gift! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to read them! It’s definitely writing that I’ve been the most impressed with in 2022 so far, and to write over 5,000 words in two days made me very proud - have to say that I gave myself a pat on the back after I finished them, haha.

I’m glad they were an enjoyable read! :smiling_face:

12 Likes

@milaswriting after the last three weeks, this is a god sent (even though im not religious) It would be three weeks (on tomorrow) that i lost my dog (i had her for 17 years) The Valentine stories you wrote helped take my mind off it. So for that, i thank you.

6 Likes

I think one of the best things about writing is that it has the ability to provide an escapism and just make someone happy, so I’m ecstatic that those Valentine’s Day stories were able to take your mind off of a tough time - it makes staying up until the early hours of the morning and getting up at those times to finish them off 100% worth it!
So sorry for your loss and I’m wishing you comfort and peace during your difficult time.

11 Likes

Just finished it for the first time and had so much fun playing the snobby, entitled type (or should I say rich cow). I’m a sucker for flawed main characters so I loved that as an option.

Great game so far. Kind of left me wanting Jordan or Tristen as ROs, but looks like you’ve heard that a lot already so I’ll just leave it at that.

Can’t wait for more!

1 Like

Does my mc like kaiden? Yes. Is she taking any opportunity to annoy him and be sarcastic? Also yes. :joy:

1 Like

helloo, hope you’re all doing well.

this post is just to pretty much say that i’ve got my patreon up and running!

there’s no need for you to pledge but for those who want to, it’s available. you get extra content: drabbles ( A’s is already up), access to polls, sneak peeks, early access (<- especially for those who are interested in my new IF!) and more!

if you’re interested, you can find it here → patreon <3

25 Likes

Finally omw to subscribe

1 Like

This game was so much fun!

3 Likes

So glad you found it enjoyable!

4 Likes