Games With Good Romance?!?!?

It’s been 10 years, but I just wanna say that Wayhaven Chronicles has some radical romance, and its about the only choice game where I’ve gone through multiple playthroughs to romance all the characters.
I think I’m in love.

23 Likes

So…stupid question. Are we only focusing on COG games here? Because if we’re not being exclusive to that, then I have to point out one of the best dating sims things I ever played(Which a person my age should probably keep a secret that they ever played them.)

The Tokimeki Memorial Series. No, really. I don’t even care. Those games were easily the best of that type that I ever played. The characters were interesting, cute, and it had a deep plot to it. My only regret to playing them is I never could get Shiba-kun. Toudou-San would just shut that shit down.Which would hurt more if she wasn’t such a cool character in her own right.

The only thing I can really hate about the series, is that making chocolate is NOT even close to as fun as it should seem.

7 Likes

Soooo…of all the CoG/HG since Wayhaven (or anything this year/semi-recent that hasn’t been discussed in here already, really), are there any particularly strong romances that stand out to anyone? More than one of the characters in Tally-Ho seemed to have promise, but ultimately it felt super convoluted trying to romance in that game…maybe it’s just me.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed the romance with Jolon in Werewolves: Haven Rising. The others were great too; I feel like that one was a hidden gem. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I have never felt so understood in my life. Thanks bunches, @kirk_champ.

10 Likes

Hi! Tbh I mostly play CoG for the romance. I enjoyed, and I’m still enjoying the Choice of Romance soo much!

Apart from that I’ve played Fatehaven, and it was incredible too, but the romance was not as good, being that the romance is not the game’s first focus.

So, any other games like the title? Kind of realistic, not fighting but conspirations and all, and of course a great tone of romance!

3 Likes

Is FATEHAVEN gender locked?

1 Like

If I recall correct, it’s not gender-locked.:rofl:

3 Likes

You should definetely play Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One. It’s the first of a seven book series with a heavy emphasize on romance. Just beware that this is more of an introduction and the romances will only really start in the second book with different speeds (four romance options plus a love triangle, at least one is a big slow burn, two others will get more intimate more quickly). The second book is currently in development.

Though not technically romance focused (I think?), Fallen Hero: Rebirth is big on character interaction, and my heart and those of all the people I’ve talked with about the game are repeatedly breaking and swooning about the contents of the demo for the second book so far. It’s the first of at least three books.

23 Likes

Also my top faves!! Another I enjoy is the fantasy Evertree Saga with 3 ROs [1 super slow burn] in Evertree, 3 more in Sordwin [slow burns], and at least 1 more in Lux (book in development). You can choose to bring your RO into the next book to join in more heroic-mystery solvings, or start romancing a new one.

14 Likes

Actually, there’s three new romance options in Sordwin! And yes, Evertree Saga is one of the best games I’ve ever played in terms of romance. My suggestions:

Choice of Magics - Cos was my personal favorite, but the Queen is an excellent choice too. Cos is an adorable cinnamon roll and the Queen is a clever and kind-hearted powerhouse.
Heroes of Myth - Especially Alvis and Evander in my opinion. Alvis is a tougher nut to crack which made me want him more, and Evander is the sweet prince who can literally sweep you off your feet (with magic!)
The Soul Stone War - I think the best part of this game is the romance so far although the plot is intriguing too of course. You can be in polyamorous relationships if that’s something you’d be interested in. Daelynn and Morkai both were my go-to’s. The love-hate nature of that relationship was fun!
Community College Hero - I played this game so long ago only once so I honestly can’t remember the names; however, I do remember them being so engaging and mysterious (since they literally have secret identities). It’s fun to romance the diverse cast of characters.

These are the memorable games with solid romances that I’ve played to completion off the top of my brain which I didn’t see mentioned already. I’m sure there’s many more. :smile:

10 Likes

which books do you think have a well fleshed-out romance plots?i know wayhaven chronicles has one of the most detailed romance plots out there, but i’m curious if there’s any more? could be wip or could be a published title, let me know!

2 Likes

Check out Fallen Hero: Rebirth.

7 Likes

check out https://www.heartschoice.com/ -it’s CoG’s subbranch, focused on romance

if you’re more into romantic subplots (while the story’s focus is primarily on other stuff), I think you might like A Study in Steampunk (it’s male genderlocked, but imo more than worth it) and maybe Tally Ho - both really well written, could pass for regular books, and with great characters

as for WIPs, there’s one about the king Arthur legends, the MC being Guenevere. it’s awesome but I haven’t played it for a while and forgot its name; you should be able to find it here on the forum though.

6 Likes

You named it already; It’s Guenevere😁

6 Likes

Yeah next to Weyhaven Guinevere is looking to be one of the most ambitious romance focused game series in my opinion with romance with Arthur, Lancelot, Morgana and Mordred all confirmed and various ways to approach them, including different children to raise and an entirely different final book based on your alliances with Arthur vs Mordred.

2 Likes

@derekmetaltron Sorry for coming across as potentially rude, but wasn’t the thread shut down due reaching the magic number of 10000 and the author not updating the game (as far as I know)? Or is it being secretly written by the author?

Nevertheless, it was my first WIP here and the first IF I was truly hyped for back in 2017, so, hey, can’t complain if it picks itself up back on track, right? :grin:

well there’s a 3 month old update on the author’s tumblr so maybe there’s hope left^^

3 Likes

Well you just made my day​:star_struck:. Here, cookies as a gift from me for the great favour you have done to me​:cookie::cookie::cookie:

Jean is as far as I know still hard at work on the thing, she tends to have more time at certain points than others. But I always try to be cautiously optimistic that this will be the year that the second half of Book Two is done! Honestly her crazy complex plans for the series should be inspirational to us all! :grin: Plus she said she wants to release both prequel non interactive books with the three romances and a gender swappable Robin Hood game too!

2 Likes