Game Idea... Maybe

Through Broken Lenses is what the second one’s called.

This. It takes a good amount of research and/or experience, combined with thoughtful writing, to convincingly write a disturbed or mentally ill person. Of course, there are plenty of mentally ill people who aren’t violent - here’s a whole game jam dedicated to the concept:

But even your psychotic or psychopathic or traumatized MC, who has been violent and still may take it for granted, is a person. If you fall back into Hollywood tropes, it’s going to be not only less realistic, but less interesting. Feel free to PM me for suggestions about research or inspiration. I could get you started on the “trauma” part - while not an ex-killer, I do have PTSD and have the “severely traumatizing events” covered.

3 Likes

O.K. I didn’t realize that this was going to sound the way it sounds. It’s not just a slightly unhinged person going on a murder spree, and I don’t want this to seem like I’m pulling a Hollywood and just being absolutely insensitive towards any such people. I just want the MC to be obviously mentally scared in a way that seems reasonable for the ideas I have for some other scenes later on. The emotional trauma paired with a demonic presence, would, presumably, be enough to tip any man, woman, or child over the edge and into the depths of slow return. I hope that helps you all grasp what I’m trying to do, at least somewhat, and if not, please ask and tell me.

And I might take you up on that offer, thanks for offering in advance!

I’m certainly curious about this~

I’m a fan of internal demons and “hunt down who you care about” thing (as well as gore, uhuhu), so this seems appealing to my interests! Though I do have a question:

Is the one being hunted down a romance option, and if so, are they the sole?

1 Like

I was thinking about it. And there will be others. I’m not sure if I’ll lock the sexuality or not though… :hushed: