Fields of Asphodel—Befriend the Underworld's misfit gods!

Wow. I really liked the WIP, but now reading the final Work is so wonderful, I love the changes you made so far. It is 0.44 where I live and I have to Work at 6 but I just can’t Stop reading. It is just so wonderful. I love everything about the Story, that you have plenty of opportunities to meet the npcs feels so good.

Thanks for this perfekt experience :star_struck::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Finally, congratulations on the release, @Jaybirdy.

Congrats!! I really enjoyed the WIP. I’m excited to play this again, enjoying any changes and continuing to romance sweet Hades. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

YES! I have been looking forward to this immensely. Congratulations @Jaybirdy! I am buying this immediately and no one is stopping me. Bwahahahaha!

1 Like

This is fantastic! I’m loving the characters and the world building, and I have to admit I’m playing this with Google open to pick up on the references I don’t know. There has been a lot of solid research put into this, which is great! So much to enjoy!

1 Like

Congrats! I’ve been following this game for quite a while and I’m delighted to see it cross the finish line!

2 Likes

Congrats @Jaybirdy for the release!

I bought it immediately and I have been enjoying every part of it. Discovering new scenes that weren’t in the WIP has been a delight. This is definitely one of my go to feel good stories.

4 Likes

I just got done with the game and I can’t express how much I loved it. Especially the nonverbal, social anxiety, and touch adverse inclusion. How it was handled in terms of romance? Beautiful! Honestly it was amazing.
I have been excited for the games release since the demo was first posted and it did not disappoint. You made and incredibly beautiful game!

9 Likes

I really love how neurodivergent friendly it is, especially the help on indicating the tone of some of the choices

11 Likes

Since Dionysus is one of the name options, I’m guessing the main character gets a chance to do something with alcohol? I’m not so interested in the gardening side of things, but this peaks my interest and I’m curious about what the answer is before I buy

Hi everyone!

Thank you all so much for your support! As you might imagine, I’ve been quite nervous this week, and especially in the last couple of days, and reading the kind things you have to say about my little game has truly been a delight.

@Sujan_Dhakal There are opportunities to explore the more ‘Dionysus’ side of the PC’s powerset, but it’s not something that will be fully realized until the sequel. For now, the plant-based powers are most prominent, so if that’s not for you, you may not enjoy that part of things. (Though in fairness, the PC can also be more of a physical fighter than someone who relies on their magic!)

16 Likes

Reading the first few chapters, to me it feels more like I should play as a female more than as a man. The arrange marriage aspects is interesting and I guess Hades can be considered BI? IS this game more geared towards a certain gender or not?

1 Like

I don’t think this was the authors intention, but considering the myth this game was based off of, it’s going to feel that way for a lot of people

3 Likes

I don’t feel like there is a preferred gender. Every RO ( 2male, 2female and 2nb) is playersexual and the consort is more a title than anything else.

7 Likes

Congratulations to the publishing of the game. I loved it as a WIP and I still love it, it’s amazingly well made :heart_eyes: :heart: my favourite RO is Hades, my beloved husbando. :yum::heartpulse:

3 Likes

Here’s a summary for those who, like me, were off-put or similarly dissuaded from reading the book by the fact that you were forced to marry a guy. Minor spoilers for the demo.

He doesn’t expect any form of physical or emotional affection from you

He is just as miffed with Zeus about this arrangement as you

He says the only reason he agreed to the arrangement is because Zeus told him he’d find someone else equally as undesirable if he said no, so he agreed to protect your character from someone arguably worse

8 Likes

Can anyone tell me who the poly options are? In particular, I’m inquiring about Alekto and Hekate.

2 Likes

It’s Hekate and Hermes I belive.

3 Likes

I could have sworn there was a Hades/Charon route planned during demo? Did that get scrapped or I’m misremembering and it was never a thing?

I have finally finished a playthrough and I loved it! @Jaybirdy made some great additions to the version I last played through and I was happy to have more moments of quality time, not just with the RO’s but with the secondary characters as well. It made everyone feel more fleshed out and the pacing feel more even.

I have some complicated feelings about Pyri if I’m honest, but nothing huge or detrimental to my enjoyment.

I also think I may have encountered a bug: when Hades takes MC on his little (not?) date (honestly glad that dialogue got removed; it was very… dampening), he mentions my MC has been touch averse with others, but I’d previously taken every possible opportunity to encourage other people to touch/not ask permission and had the initiative kept on the entire game, so I think something may be not flagging correctly there.

Congrats again on releasing this! It was great, and I loved seeing it come together into the awesome and cozy story it is now. You did a great job and I am excited to play through it again. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Ive had the same issue. It has done it about five times now,… great read, just a little bit buggy

1 Like