Fields of Asphodel [A Greek Mythology WIP] [Updated 30 November 2023 - Now Editing for Publication!]

when i am going to chapter 3 i get a loong loading idk if it will end

1 Like

Chapter 3 is not done yet, so it won’t load. The author said they will add a screen saying this is the end of the WIP later.

4 Likes

aha right i dident see any changelog so i thought it maybe was a bug

sorry

1 Like

That ending page should be there now!

Also, I got a lot of writing done this month (25k words), and am hoping to release Chapter 3 in early to mid July. In case anyone was interested in a progress update. :slight_smile:

43 Likes

I’m hyped and looking forward to the next chapter, I really loved the start and can’t wait to see how the story continues. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Long time lurker of this thread and would just like to say I love this WIP dearly and the day it updates cannot come soon enough! I enjoy the weird and whacky politics as well as the characterisations!

One thing I will say is that after a few readings, is that it doesn’t really feel like the MC is attached to Hades in any significant way besides the few mentions it gets here and there. I think this was most obvious for me when Hades’ daughter was introduced (even if it is just an arranged marriage I do think information like that would still be a bombshell ). I’m sure you have reasons for this besides making it easier for some MC’s to pursue other ROs but as an MC who wants the arrangement to work I do find it a little challenging (maybe it’s just me :sweat_smile:).

That being said, it’s clear you’ve put so much hard work into this! Keep up the amazing work! :heart:

7 Likes

Hey, thanks for the feedback! I’ll look at integrating some choices that let that bit of information come as more of a surprise/have relevance to what the PC anticipates their future personal life being! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! I think your solution is the best compromise for anyone playing and again, I look forward to these changes and future updates!

1 Like

I love mythological setting, arrangement marriage as a trope and characters adapting to a new life with help and support. The chapters so far have a slice of life feel that I really like.

I really appreciate the ability to play a very shy and introverted character without being considered rude. I also really like the variety of quiet and calm characters, though actually all characters are interesting.

So far my MCs gravitate towards Hades for now: one imprinted on Hades because of his help in the Olympia. The other is extremely grateful to Hades for their first taste of actual freedom. It will be interesting to compare Hades’ response to them: an extremely shy introvert with very low self esteem and a bolder caged bird who really enjoys freedom

6 Likes

Hey chapter 3 has refused to load

It’s not out, yet. The game just doesn’t have the “play again” screen after the last scene of chap 2.

3 Likes

Ooof, I thought I’d fixed that. :confused: I’ll have another look later today and see if I can’t figure out what the issue is.

Hey, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I can’t get it to load chpater three.

There is no chapter three, as I’ve said upthread. I have tried to get the game to *finish properly so it says as much, but am thus far unable to figure out what the issue is. You’ve definitely reached the end of the demo for now, though. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey everyone,

I figured I’d share a little bit about what I’ve been doing.

Some of you might know that I participated this month in something called IFWriMo, in which I set a goal to write 1,000 words a day for Fields of Asphodel. Well, I more than managed this, and the chapter is now 66k words long, 33k in June alone.

As it happens, there’s still a fair amount of content I have to get through before the chapter will be ready for release, but here’s an idea of where I’m at (the scenes being mostly boringly named for who else is in them):

Charon
Hermes
Alekto
Epistolary
Judgement
Garden/timeskip
Hades
Ascalaphus
Moirae
[ ] Unknown
[ ] Emergency Meeting

Most of these are optional scenes, and most people will on a single playthrough only see 4-5 of them, but I think given how long this chapter is getting, individual playthroughs of chapter three should also hopefully feel pretty substantial!

I’ve moved my goalpost, and am hoping for a mid-July Ch3 release at this point. Wish me luck, I guess? :slight_smile:

79 Likes

So proud of you! Keep up the great work and make sure to take enough breaks. Looking forward to reading the new chapter :heart:

2 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

Yay, congrats!

Will we get opportunities to tend to the tree at another opportunity? I missed the first one because it didn’t make sense for my MC not to stay with other people.

I dunno about the specific tree, but certainly there will be other opportunities to work with the orchard folks and in general make a difference with the local agriculture. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good luck with your writing! You’ve already managed to get through so much. The effort is awesome, and I’m looking forward to the update.

1 Like