Falrika the Alchemist—Strive to become the master alchemist!

Originally published at: Falrika the Alchemist—Strive to become the master alchemist! - Choice of Games LLC

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Amitabhilia, the world of infinite light. The kingdom of Lebenswasserheim is recovering from an insurrection instigated by the now-defunct Weiliwubisky clan, and the restoration of peace and order means people are now free to achieve their own dreams once again.

Falrika Marmont is just one of these people, and she has her own simple dream: To become an alchemist. Through a series of events expected and unexpected, and with the help of people who will guide her along the way, her journey will be one that is out of the ordinary.

Falrika the Alchemist is a feel-good 173,000-word interactive novel by Benedict Villariaza. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• A light-hearted, slice-of-life, narrative-driven adventure where you play as a cute female alchemist owning her own atelier.
  • An episodic story format, where each chapter is mostly self-contained.
  • You can pat cats and dogs! (There will even be an achievement for petting all of them!)
  • Four romantic options (2 female, 1 male, 1 nonbinary), all with their own endings.
  • A comprehensive codex that tells everything you need to know about the world of Amitabhilia.

Will you screw up alchemy or not?

Falrika the Alchemist is 33% off until February 8th!

Benedict developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own

33 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

This game may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it features more pettable animals than any other ChoiceScript game I’ve seen, and one is a pug puppy, so I’m happy to add it to my collection. :blush:

13 Likes

You had me at being able to have pettable pets.

3 Likes

Congratulations @MoonlightBomber on the release! You’re a frequent poster on the writer support threads, so it’s nice that it’s out of the oven!

3 Likes

Congrats, Moonlight!

2 Likes

Congrats on the release! And yay for a feel-good game where you can pet the animals! Sounds like a lot of fun. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to play an Atelier-like game and pet cute animals, so this sounds like it will be fun.

Edit: congrats to the author, of course.
Hopefully there’ll be some more fantasy slice of life games from now on.

1 Like

I’m interested

1 Like

Congratulations on the release @MoonlightBomber

1 Like

I see we have a fellow Atelier fan here.

3 Likes

My decision to include a pug puppy was inspired by the Disney Junior show Puppy Dog Pals. Yes, my niece once watched that channel prior to it being yanked off my local satellite TV provider.

4 Likes

Congrats @MoonlightBomber! I’ve noticed you on the forums and I admire your dedication in hammering this out. I’m looking forward to reading this!

1 Like

Is it just me, or are there no spaces between paragraphs? It makes it hard to read.

Edit: actually, it seems a lot of sentences begin on a new line for no reason. Is this formatting intentional, or am I getting some kind of bizarro error?

2 Likes

It’s how the game is written.

2 Likes

I suspect the writer was trying to deliver the story in a visual novel format.

You might notice that the foreword and prologue use regular paragraphs with regular spacings, but the game switches to the line-by-line format when the story begins. Similar to how a visual novel or RPGmaker game delivers exposition and dialogue, one line at a time.

If that makes sense…

3 Likes

The author comes from a visual novel background, so that does make sense. It makes for a choppy reading experience, though.

8 Likes

I see, I guess that makes a certain kind of sense. It was a bit odd at first, but I got used to the style after a few pages.

Not sure how I feel about this one yet, but it does make me curious about how the author’s visual novels play out.

2 Likes

Yup, you can try my other works. They’re all free.

1 Like