Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

Who hasn’t maxed out their ‘affection for cats’ stat? That’s just the natural thing to do.

3 Likes

Huh. I got given dog love instead.

I must have a weird player.

Edit:
Chapter 11 line 1282: nonexistent variable
Puppetortega_afraid.

Error occurred when I was trying to break things off with Ortega. Real mexOrtega 5ever.

2 Likes

Weeeeird, That does not show up on the quicktest, and the variable is properly created. Going to try to figure out what is going on there…

EDIT: It did not register as having a problem on my end. So, I uploaded the files again to see if maybe I had accidentally got some old files in there or something.

chapter11 line 1287: Non-existent variable 'galamortum

Happened when I was going to Mortum to talk about the suit/date

1 Like

Same here (twentry characters)

1 Like

Another error:

1 Like

God Dammit Ortega STOP BEING SO CUTE. I might have to ajust my plans if they going to end up hurting you. And this damn game reads my mind so well!

Here’s some problem tho. “puppet name”

Love the new content, even if it’s only a scene or two. More time with Ortega!

Very nicely done as always.
Though Ortega did change sex on me a couple times while we were sparing / flirting. That’s always a bit awkward.
Other than that I felt you captured my mc’s mental and moral battles perfectly. He is simultaneously happy and disappointed that the puppet seduction is going so well. It’s especially hard on him since I purposely chose a puppet that was different than himself in every way.

This is so weird. I have none of those errors on my end, not even when I play it on my phone. And they are all variables I added in this build. Could the problem be that you are continuing from a save, that did not have those variables? Or did you play from the start?

EDIT: It seems that it might indeed be the save that causes the issue. The variables I added to the start file do not exist in your save,

Caught an error, the good doctor says "“It happened… oh maybe three times. And neither of those were my fault. Some people are just impossible to please, you know?”

That should be none of those times.

thank you! oh english, you are such an odd language at times.

“You make it sound so unglamorous.” Your smile is wide and honest this time, because she really does. Maybe heroism is a job for her these days, but your new path is nothing but passion.

“Honestly?” Your smile has made her light up a little as well. “There’s more sweat and bruises than there are gala openings. That’s…”

“What?” You raise a questioning eyebrow, encouraging her to continue down the path you’re luring him (my Ortega is a her not a him) down.

“What are you doing this weekend?”

“Why are you asking?” You wish you didn’t actually feel real emotions at his, should be her question. Guilt. Excitement. There’s never one or the other around him, should be her, there’s always a painful mix.

A little further down on the same page/screen…

“No, I really don’t think you are.” The words are soft and honest enough that you can feel your heart skipping another beat. “But fine, I’ll ruin the surprise.”

“Good, I really don’t like surprises.” Especially not right now.

“Then would you like to go with me to the opening of the new Museum of Heroics?” He, should be she makes the proposition more effortlessly than you would have imagined. Are you the only one that struggles here? “They’ve promised me there will be a party. And celebrities.”

Thank you! Pronouns are now hunted and changed.

About the error I got. I start fresh every playthrough. So I dunno how I got it.

Edit: played through it again. Worked like a charm this time :thumbsup:

1 Like

sigh

That was a wonderful little update, @malinryden. It makes me even more excited for the big one. The only problem I might have is that you make the Ortega and MC relationship so appealing that I just can’t get my puppet to suggest going on a date to the opening of the museum, even though it seems like the sensible thing to do from a tactical point of view :cry:. (Like, I’ve seriously gone and read the flirting branch in the code, because I just couldn’t get myself to travel down that path in the actual game.)

So, marvelous writing, and I’ll be anticipating the next update with a lot of… ehm, anticipation?

4 Likes

I was about to say how impressive it is that @malinryden was able to create a character that everyone loved and doesn’t want to hurt…and then you showed up. :expressionless:

(I kid :grin:)

6 Likes

Ortega is just a particularly persistent obstacle. However they’re removed, it has to be done.

1 Like

3 Likes