Fallen Hero: Retribution release thread! (Book Two) (Spoilers Inside!)

Wow thats so interesting, does this apply for the first game too?

Also let’s be honest, no other interactive story is on the level of FH Rebirth and Retribution in terms of writing quality. Sad its a bit short imo though.

6 Likes

Yeah both games

1 Like

I tried this but I couldn’t get anything new text wise. Also whats the achievements name?

I tried this but nothing happened? Whats the achievements name? My FH R is the Steam version, was there an update or something? Man I feel like I’m missing out

The new update is still being worked on until am not mistaken, so i’d guess it’s probably going to be at least a few weeks before it’s done.

Then how come some players get an achievement for making the puppet and Sidestep the same? So confused right now…I tried this and nothing happened…

Also are both games getting an update? What I did was make a new character in the second game and copied the puppet’s name to the MC’s name and the exact appearance to make a “clone” and when I did this nothing happened

1 Like

The achievement is called “Mirror Images” from the first game, you need to make them have the same skin colour, eye colour, hair colour and style, and the same gender.

Also the name of Sidestep and the puppet does not need to be the same to get the achievement.

3 Likes

I realized yesterday after playing once more, that they have to be the same gender as well; not just alike in appearance. Luckily the name doesn’t have to be the same at all, which was a relief because I was so confused trying to decipher when they were talking about me vs my second lol.

Also, just repeating what the person before said; it’s called mirror images.

Ah, sorry, i got confused by the posts above and didn’t notice you’re referring to the mirror image thing. It’s like Nazroth says, the race, gender, eye color and hair color, texture and style all have to match between Sidestep and the puppet:

*if (((puppet_gender) = (gender)) and ((puppet_eyes) = (eyes)))
  *if (((puppet_race) = (race)) and ((puppet_haircolor) = (haircolor)))
    *if (((puppet_hairstyle) = (hairstyle)) and ((puppet_hairtexture) = (hairtexture)))
      Maybe it's telling that your puppet looks like a more attractive version of yourself, but who could blame you for trying to live out your dreams to be a normal ${gender}?
      *set mirror_image true
2 Likes

Ah ok so its from the first game, that means I gotta import a save from game one?

I did this exactly, made the puppet a copy of Sidestep from gender to name to race and height but didn’t get anything, I did however start from Retribution and made a new character and not import a save from Rebirth

Yeah the achievement is from Rebirth but I don’t believe you need to import for it to be acknowledged, in Retribution you still get the reactions to it depending on your choices I think, I almost never play with puppet as a clone so I’m not entirely sure how many there are or how to trigger them.

I stand corrected then.

The achievement is granted when you finish setting up your puppet’s appearance in Rebirth. The mirror_image flag which controls extra text is set on import into Retribution, but character appearances need to match for this to happen.

4 Likes

Thanks for the information, do you guys know anything else that is Rebirth save import exclusive that you can’t do if starting a new character in Retribution just like this?

I just saw this and I gotta admit the fact that Rebirth lost to those other games shocked me, as for Retri being in the top 15 within 2 months I’m not surprised your work has been nothing but phenomenal, no other author comes close :smiley:

Shocking enough the Infinity series everyones talking about never made it in the list. Also strange TWC 3 hasn’t made it.

Overall keep up the fantastic work

8 Likes

Regarding limited performance of the Infinity series, its commercial appeal is severely limited by gender-fixed MC. A lot of people simply refuse to pick up a game that won’t accommodate their preference.

8 Likes

I agree, I always do that.

4 Likes

I gotta say, they made spitting out the truth quite painful here. What a beautiful mess this is, the bonds with the Rangers shattered like that. And Mortun actually coming in the clutch to get me out there. And…Ace possibly not as dead as expected. Oh the wait for furthering the tragedy will be painful indeed, but a good pain.

14 Likes

Question, there a few points where I saw greyed out options that seem to imply that it’s possible for Ortega to learn that you’re a villain in the previous game, if that is in fact the case, what choices would I need to make in the previous game to get that outcome? I’d love to do another playthrough and see those version of events.

I don’t think it’s possible for Ortega to learn outright, merely for them to suspect. Can you point out which choices you mean?

Yea, she can get an inkling of suspicion of it in the first game if you get more personal with your speech after you fight her, but only in this game can you blow it wide open.

4 Likes