Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

Since we are talking about MC’s fight with the Rangers…
Has anyone’s MC triggered an epileptic seizure in the fight with Ortega? I read that they can do it, but I haven’t even seen the option to do that. Not that I could do it ;_;

1 Like

But then you can end up hurting Ortega and Herald :cry:

Ortega might be able to keep up with us, due to his speed. Also he’s willing to fight dirty, like when he can use a gun during the gala fight.

It’s been a while but I think you have to be getting your butt kicked (so, play against your suit strengths and don’t choose to fight like you know him). It’s offered as a last ditch kind of thing.

3 Likes

Didn’t even know he did that. Huh. Is that something he does if you have a super agressive mc? Admittedly I haven’t actually gotten around to playing an MC that’s gone completely off the deep end, murderous intent and all.

Yeah me neither, it’s like kicking a puppy. :cry:

4 Likes

It’s hard to explain, but it’s part of Ortega getting the better of you during the fight. If you don’t end it fast he gets crafty. Like attacking the nanovore cage, stabbing something metal through your armor’s insulation layer in order to conduct electricity past it, and shooting you.

3 Likes

Ah. I’ve only ever had him take out the cage.

Dont we all secretly want our MC to be captured? Just to see the shock and hurt from mama Ortega? Like… I get that…though the main reason I didn’t pick Telopathic upgrade was due to my reasoning that it was unnecessary…

6 Likes

Looks really cool!

Also @ApplePi same as well xD tho my MC is more aggressively showing herself off not caring anymore if she gets caught or not tho she realllly wants to be outed especially by ortega so they cn kill her off

Also i cn never get the epilepsy scene cuz the strength and telepathic upgrade are overkill to the rangers :’( i always unintentionally break ortega and heralds bones…

1 Like

And I always intentionaly do it

2 Likes

I didn’t even think of mama Ortega, I keep forgetting about her. Whoops. She would probably be super disappointed in our current career path, depending on the MC’s relationship with her.

I wonder if that is going to be a bigger issue than the fact that we hurt her baby, though. She’s a character I’m actually super looking forward to meeting (assuming we get to see her ingame) but for all we know she might be absolutely furious with the MC. We can do some pretty major damage; even on my pacifist playthroughs Ortega is hospitalized. Can’t see that going over well if she ever finds out.

6 Likes

If you got captured by Lady Argent, your limbs is going to be tore one by one :wink:

Hmm, I think I’d feel a bit torn about that… :scream:

3 Likes

Aww… @malinryden is the mc really forced to be a coffee drinker in that scene?

2 Likes

Most likely not. In the original posting, she explained this is just raw writing it out and other characterization options haven’t been added in.

Explanation part of the post

Yep, we’ve reached the big round number (well big for me, I’m no celebrity) so it’s time to post another snippet of book two. This time I decided to post a bit of a Steel/MC scene I am working on. It doesn’t have any plot spoilers, it’s basically relationship building, so it should be safe for everyone. Coding-wise, it’s in the middle stage. I’ve added the major choices, but haven’t added personalization, thus it assumes a lot of things that might not be true about your MC (that you’re a known telepath, that you went into Argent’s mind and so on.)

That’s usually how my process works:

1: Write what amounts to a short story, detailing a single path. The fun bit, this part is easy.

2: Add the major paths and fake choices. The hard work.

3: Add the personalization from various tags depending on who people are and what they have done. Keep checking those tags….

4: Once enough of these have been written to form a coherent story section, play through it again and again, adding things and checking for flow.

5: Once everything flows, add flavor text, check for grammar and describe surroundings and fill things out. Also known as the other fun bit.

1 Like

You need to have above 60 points in either the daring or cautious stat.

QUESTION!

Okay, was sitting at work last night playing with something I am pondering adding to book two and I wanted to hear you guys input.

Since time has passed, and everybody’s MC’s are developing on slightly different paths, I was pondering adding something like a personality toggle. Basically it would be an on/off thing used to give slightly different flavor text in certain scenarios, and sometimes open up new things (maybe). Like the tech savvy/streetwise thing. Right now, the ones I have come up with are:

MC: Aggressive, Depressed and Coping.

Puppet: Argumentative, Professional and Jovial.

EDIT: Changed ‘caring’ to ‘jovial’ for the puppet after a suggestion. Works a lot better.

I don’t want more than three per person, and I don’t want a separate one for the Villain, because coupled with the suit-style that becomes madness. Please let me know what you think, or if you have other suggestions for the trinity!

35 Likes

Sounds good, though I wonder where on the spectrum between depressed and coping my MC lies.

If i play both MC and Puppet with same personality , will i get similar attributes for both ? :slight_smile:

i want to do that in order to test Ortega, to see whether she will suspect MC and Puppet are the same person :wink:

5 Likes

You know me too well :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Sounds like a good idea but the thing with those descriptors is that they are more likely to change than things like techs savvy/Streetwise, so you might want to consider a way to change it.

Oh yeah, of course you can change! That’s the whole point of this book. They will be able to change at certain important points in the story, just like motivation and sexuality.

6 Likes