Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

Good looking enough to seduce but not enough to draw unwanted attention. Like the kind of person who you only notice is good looking when you’re conversing with them, as opposed to being struck on sight.

5 Likes

Yep, that’s pretty much the ideal for most intelligence service field ops agents. Even been told so by people from the intelligence community.
In contrast to how they treat their own body the mc is also going to significant effort to ensure the puppet looks their best, so that might still fit better with handsome as opposed to drop-dead gorgeous.

Like a jaded, faded washout. But then at least if you choose to play your mc like that even that is deliberately done to some extent. Though I do wish the mc would actually bother to put their regular body through a regular workout routine. Not wearing flattering clothes, having a decent/stylish haircut or using cosmetics are likely deliberate parts of the washout look and appearance.

Here’s the previous discussion on mc looks.

2 Likes

I apparently missed my calling for being an intelligence officer specializing in recruiting and managing honey traps.

Though with the MC’s uh, questionable state over the past several years I imagine they look a bit rough now.

Bahhhh…I like my fantasy even though I know your completely correct…

1 Like

Ah, god dammit just read the descriptions for Locus and Anathema again, and I really had it wrong in my head >.< But anyway changed my fancast for them:

Anathema: Alia Shawkat (doesn’t really fit in the category “chubby” if you ask me but otherwise it’s the closest I got…)

Locus: Hm either China Anne McClaine or Amandla Stenberg

Ohhh~ you are right he fits well too.

And that’s why I like fancasts too: it’so a good way to see what kind of types people have. For me neither Ackles nor Reynolds do much considering the looks department for example as much as Pettyfer is not to your taste :sweat_smile:

But I wonder if you have a fancast also for the other characters or only for your favorite (I mean…I assume he is your favorite based on that your MC sounds as unhealthy considering Herald as other MCs do for Ortega). Do you want to share if you have one?

4 Likes

I used to have the hugest fan crush on young Jensen (wasted quite a bit of time watching some things I wouldn’t have otherwise, Dark Angel, cough, cough, just to see him), kinda sad he makes an effort to look more “tough and macho” for that silly Supernatural show, cause I just loved him during his “pretty boy” days. He’s one of the cutest things to ever come outta Texas, at least to me. :blush:

Usually only my favourites, usually pretty content to go for what the author gives me on the others.
That said, I do have male Mortum. Trai Byers looks just perfect for that role, maybe a bit on the young side for an accomplished academic turned mad scientist, but then I always figured Mortum isn’t averse to treatments that ensure he looks (a lot) younger then he actually is.
If I really had to cast male Ortega, hmmm…I’d probably go for Magic Mike co-star and CSI Miami cutie Adam Rodriguez. Super hot when young(er) and he has aged really well.
Can’t find any of him with just a mustache, but he pulls off the beard really well now that he’s a bit older.
Since Steel is half-cyborg I really just pictured him as an Asian sort of Adam Jensen from Deus Ex. But I haven’t considered a real life actor or model to map him to.

Again, usually pretty happy to go along with any good suggestions by the author or other users for the women.

Yep, sure is and he’s both my mc’s crush (though that part was really unplanned on my mc’s part falling for the brat when they actually met in person) and rival both. So yeah, for my mc it is as complicated as the relationship with Ortega seems to be for, if not a majority, then at least a large plurality of my fellow forum users. :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry if that was discussed before, but does anyone have the descriptions for f!Ortega?
I’d like to draw her as well.

I have a sneaking suspicion that she doesn’t have a mustache.

2 Likes

Tall hispanic short dark hair lack of facial hair…and uhh wing everything else?

1 Like

I think she also has a signature high ponytail. Her hair was long back in the day, but she has it short now.

3 Likes

Okay okay i dont think this was mentioned before but Freddie Mercury as M!Ortega? eh eh?

1 Like

wouldnt be too bad xD and freddie mercury is hot lol

1 Like

I’m going to hell for this

10 Likes

well… now… let me just say… MY EYES XD OMG i mean i wanted it but i dont know what i wanted to expect??? not this tho LOL

4 Likes

throws drawing at the thread cause it can’t be saved

it’s kinda symbolic

57 Likes

Kinda looks like a cover of metal album…
I LOVE it… And the strings just add to perfection

3 Likes

Thank you TwT
And now that you mention it… yeah, I can see it. I had something else in mind when I started, but then I just… drew and ended up with this.
Once I’m done with my own drawings/project I’ll draw Ortega (as I had said) and the new armor from the front. Somehow. (⚆_⚆)
Yeah. Cause I can totally stop thinking about this story…

8 Likes

Goodaamn looks great!!! I love it! The ambiance is amazing and it does look like a metal band cover in a great way!

3 Likes

Looks amazing my beany artist…though for my Mc I see his suit as being…heavier…you know…to obscure his identity…but what you have drawn looks beautiful :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Holy Sh** @daze that looks amazing:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:, kinda makes me self-conscious here. I just got finished drawing Marshal Steel last night and it’s not anywhere as good as yours.

27 Likes

still looks amazing!! nice jobbb hot damn!!!

2 Likes