"Faerie's Bargain: The Price of Business"—Amass a goblin hoard of treasure and wonders!

I want to know if it’s possible to romance Lord A without putting him on the throne. I like the guy, but not enough for that level of subterfuge.

I never did find out what was going on with the missing memories. I eventually learned the ambassador had something to do with it, but that creates more questions than it answers…

1 Like

So many instances of ending with a romance I wasn’t pursuing, or putting ‘None’ on the throne.

The writing is very good, but the fact that I cannot consistently get the ending I’m pursuing is frustrating.

4 Likes

I’ve only had two playthroughs of the game. Semi-similar playstyles, backed two different people for the throne, romanced two different people, in one playthrough I think I died, and survived in the other. Ended up having the EXACT SAME ENDING. The same person person on the throne, same romance, same EVERYTHING, word for word. Like how.

3 Likes

This is an amazingly dense game, code-wise and code-diving shows that. It seems like the title has so many different variations and threads. I feel like as the code gets patched up, this will be a very solid entry into the CoG library.

1 Like

I’m so obsessed with my slightly jealous paramour, the concept of mirrors :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: not mirrors passive aggressively flashing light in the face of other people I flirt with, but still coming to my rescue seconds later!!! genuinely the best unexpected RO,

5 Likes

I already suspected it would be just from the way it’s written, but when I looked at the code I found it mind-blowing how much of the text was customized in response to earlier choices, right down to the some of the figurative language which changes to reflect the character’s particular backstory. I assume based on what I’ve read and seen so far that there’s not a lot of branching until the end, but I imagine that another playthrough might have a very different feel just based on all the customization. It’s a thing of beauty, but I’m not surprised a few bugs slipped through the editorial process. Even with the flaws I’ve stumbled across so far, I anticipate this game ending up in my personal top 20.

2 Likes

How are “ystrum” and the associated pronouns meant to be pronounced?

1 Like

It’s not indicated in the text and I can’t find anything on Google indicating it’s ever been used anywhere but this story (although “Ystrum” is a Swedish surname, apparently), so I have to assume … however you want.

Personally, I’ve been pronouncing it “EE-strum.” “Yse” rhymes with “geese,” “ys” is homonymous with “ease,” and “ym” is “eem.” But if there’s a definitive answer I’ve missed somehow, I’d love to hear it.

1 Like

If you’re finding continuity errors, please send them to support@choiceofgames with as much detail as possible about what they are and when they’re occurring. The more information we have about the errors, the easier it will be for us to fix them. We’re sorry that you’re running into problems!

1 Like

Has anyone been able to get a lady’s secret achievement?

Congratulations on the release! I would love to try it but it’s not available in my country. I don’t know why almost every game of choice of games is unavailable in my country (TT)

How do you investigate your missing memories

Quite an enjoyable read! A few thoughts:

• I wish you could actually read some of your letters; it bothers me how the MC goes out presumably after reading them but the reader has no idea what they said.
  • The ending felt quite abrupt after the great buildup that preceded it, the epilogue was quite short and for me it did not provide closure on the missing memories or the aftermath of the meeting between the 2 queens; not sure if there’s a way to get that. Also not much mention of what position the MC is left in and what’s in store for the future.
    *In my playthrough I romanced Gove and my MC found out she was the leader of the Knights Malleous but then in the short epilogue it’s briefly mentioned she left even if the MC never attempts to convert her which feels pretty random. Also my MC suspected it was her who tried to assassinate the queen but the assassin was obliterated so if it was her then I encountered a bug.

Really good worldbuilding and writing, looking forward to what comes next!

3 Likes

Posting a patch momentarily:

Changelog Items:

• Fixed a variable/code issue in Ch11 that resulted in Yuvraj populating in place of all the Romantic Options.
  • Fixed code for Fey/Mortal achievement in Ch13
  • Fixed issue with legacy version of ystrum pronouns in character creation.
  • Fixed code error that was resulting in multiple versions of one paragraph appearing in Ch 5.
  • Fixed continuity error where Victoria reappeared as dead after Second Chance was used to save her in Ch12.
  • Fixed issue in Ch13 where Gove reappeared after dying in an earlier chapter.
  • Fixed several typos.
4 Likes

I’m sorry if this is a terribly ignorant question, but what does “legacy version” mean?

2 Likes

Uh…I have no idea. Maybe I can get Trip on here to answer.

4 Likes

In any case, I’d like to thank him and everyone else involved in getting this patch released. This is just such a delightful game, and it was sad how much of the release-week discussion was focused on the flaws. I know at least one person who was waiting to play the game until the patch was out, so I’ll be sure to let him know!

3 Likes

Hiya!

So, legacy version in this case refers to the original set of ystrum pronouns which were changed partway through the writing of the game. The original possessive pronoun form was ‘yrs’ instead of ‘ys’. The problem was in reading over ‘yrs’ it was too easy to read as ‘yours’ or ‘years’ (because of the way the mind generally reads just by order of consonants and ignores vowels). To remove that possibility of confusion it was switched to ‘ys’. There were a few mention so yrs still in the game though that I missed, but those (legacy) occurrences should be gone now and not cause any more confusion! Sorry that wasn’t clear in the patch notes. :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

Ahhh yes, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Also, since you’re here, let me just say I love this game so much and you’re an amazing writer and I hope you’ll come back and let us know when that novella is published! I want more of this wonderful, literate, folklore-dense world you’ve created.

1 Like

Also, I am so going to refer to “thou” as the legacy version second-person singular from now on.

2 Likes