Evertree Inn by Thom Baylay

i some how managed to get everyone out except for the ones that “died”

2 Likes

hi guise. I played the game. I have to say I love it. I really enjoyed it so much. but can I save the cook and romance her?

3 Likes

@GeneralMaul I will look into writing up a walkthrough at some point, if it seems like something people would like. :slight_smile:

@AAO I think it will be added in a later update. I did ask for this originally but it looks like it was missed so I will request it when the next update is made, probably once it’s been out long enough to detect any other big problems.

@meero Alas no, she is one of two victims of the Inn who cannot be saved. There are some things that our choices can never change. Sorry :’(

7 Likes

Fortunately we can save cute half-elves and more than once at that too. :grin:

4 Likes

Are Leah can be saved? I already purchased the game but just still can’t reach end because retry habit​:joy: and while I usually not a fan of getting spoiled can someone please spoil me about leah fate?I just want to prepare for the worse if she can’t saved :disappointed:

2 Likes

She’s the reversed gender of Lamuel, the owner’s kid, right? If so then yes, they can definitely be saved

4 Likes

thanks for such an amazing game :), I only managed to get 2endings. the one marked number 6 and number 7. is there more? or those are the only ones? because no matter what? I think I’m stuck at those 2endings. and thank you for this amazing game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Amazing game, but I noticed some things…
Like the first time I finished a full playthrough, I ended up killing Lamuel to appease the dryad, but then in the epilogue it ended up as if his mother had just allowed him to come pursue me? (I’m a female Elf) And when I asked Wen to ready me a bath and then went to take it I had to do it (the filling the tub and such) myself, but I’m not sure if that’s how that’s intended to go?
Also, yeah, @meero I got ending number 2.

3 Likes

@meero There are 7 definitive endings in total although aspects of each ending can vary.

Thank you everyone for all the positive feedback and an especially huge thank you to everyone who has rated and/or commented on the googleplay, appstore and steam pages. Your reviews and ratings make a huge difference so thank you :smiley:

Thom
x

2 Likes

I usually don’t like mistery stories. It is just not the kind of story that gets me going.

So I downloaded the game in order to help increasing its score on google play (not that it needs much help, 4.8 is excellent). Then I started to read it, page after page, chapter after chapter. I was hooked. I didn’t considered twice, I bought it, I read it, I felt it… I freaking loved it.

Great game book. One of the best well written CoG ever. Great characters (why can’t I freaking date Leah and Daisy at the same time? Gosh!). Solid plot. Solid setting. Great backstory (what is a good PC without it). Great ending possibilities. Did I already said that it was greatly written? I say it again.

My score? 9/10. And I almost never like mistery stories.

Download it, buy it, encourage the author. He freaking deserves it.

P.S. @ThomB maybe you said it already, sorry if I am making you repeat yourself. Are you planning on writting a sequel of some kind?

8 Likes

Yep he said he is, hopefully with more of a certain, sexy, impeccably dressed or undressed :blush: and mischievous half-elven Dandy? :kissing_heart:
And here is the word from the man himself.

9 Likes

Thanks for the info buddy. I keep running into you, I guess we both have impecable taste when it comes to CoG, right? :smile: lol.

And yes, I can’t wait to see more of that half-elven. What a girl/guy. My PC sure doesn’t want to die anymore, heaven can’t beat that :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I’m sure the second part will contain a copious amount of hanky panky with our half elf partner.

And a little hint to everyone:The code for the metal box in the reception is 27.

10 Likes

Is the singer the other victim who can’t be saved? I got to her room last and she had been strangled by her necklace, so I wasn’t sure if that was unavoidable or if I just needed to get to her faster.

2 Likes

Yes, the singer, the cook and the halfling thief cannot be saved

@meero

[details=endings]
You died
You killed Leah
You killed the Dryad, kept the inn
You killed the Dryad, inn destroyed
Gunther killed Leah
Made peace with the Dryad, kept the inn
Made peace with the Dryad, inn destroyed
[/details]

5 Likes

thank you I only managed to get the last 2. :)@Urban

3 Likes

I have no idea how to get the 2nd to last one.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this, especially the romance (I love how you wrote Leah, more of that please :stuck_out_tongue:). I’d like to see a sequel too, but I worry that it would be very difficult with how open-ended the epilogue was. You’d either have to railroad the story or cut out a lot of the depth. @ThomB Is everyone just going to get the same task from Lucas Imperium? Because that’s the only way I could see it working, and even then there’s a lot of branching depending on which characters you bring with you…

@Scorpio00 haven’t done this myself yet, but got the option to. I was just nice to the dryad, defeated it in combat, spared it, then I got to choose whether to keep/destroy it. You might need Leah with you.

3 Likes

Just saying, much as I love this game, others just as complex and varied can and have committed to sequels around here. The main variations here are that you begin the sequel either alone, with a lover, or with a non-romantic half-orc partner. There are (far) more variables than that of course but each of them likely won’t change more than couple of lines in the game, a concept other series around here have managed just fine. I’m not saying it will be easy to craft a sequel that does this game justice but I have faith in the author and previous examples on this site give me confidence that it won’t prove impossible either.

4 Likes

Personally,I have faith that the sequel will be just as good as the first one,if not better.

Seriously,some rich bloke who practically owns the entirety of the town you’re staying in gives you a job.

Just think of all the possibilities.Of all the mystery.Of all the combat with various creatures.Of all the new characters.And of all that sweet,sweet hanky panky with a certain half elf.

10 Likes