Error with stat_chart

No matter what I do, my stat chart just won’t work. I keep coming up with this error line 4: invalid indent, expected at least one row. This is my code:

Dreamverse Stats
*stat_chart
  text lname Name
  text pname Fiance's Name
  percent relation Relationship

And I do have all of these variables created and set in my startup.
Does anyone know what the issue is?

Is line 4 “Dreamverse Stats” ? If so, I think that’s the problem. I’m not sure how to change the name of the stats button, but I don’t think that’s the way to do it. Ask @Vendetta

Dreamverse Stats is line 1
I’ve tried changing it to:

Dreamverse Stats
Name: ${lname}
*line_break
Fiance's Name: ${pname}

*stat_chart

but oddly enough I get the same error, and for the same line, 4, no less. And I have been saving every time I change something.

Ah, I finally got it to work! Though, I really don’t understand what was wrong before. The new code is:

Dreamverse Stats
*line_break
Name: ${lname}
*line_break
Fiance's Name: ${pname}

*stat_chart

@Kajs08 Try checking one of the other files. Maybe the problem is in one of them. I don’t know what the problem is, so I am just guessing based on my experiences. Also, it sounds a lot like you have an *if and the line below has no text or the text’s indent is wrong. Again, just guessing. So, try checking the other files and look for the error there.

Edit: You ninja’d me. Glad you worked it out.

@kajs08 I know you’ve resolved it now by removing the ordinary text names from within the *stat_chart (they serve no real purpose being in there anyway) but it’s worth looking at more closely as that’s a very strange one, because there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the code you have in your first post…

The error “invalid indent, expected at least one row” usually means it cannot find any indentation immediately following *stat_chart, e.g. the following will always produce that error:

Dreamverse Stats
*stat_chart
text lname Name
  text pname Fiance's Name

Equally puzzling: unless you have a blank line at the top, that error should point to line 3, not 4.

What you’re seeing seems to be somewhat different to what’s actually there (i.e. what ChoiceScript is reading). Very strange.

Grasping at straws here, but which text editor are you using?