Empty Shell (name still up for debate) (WiP) - Stage: Alpha

Oh It’s the secret super powered people yes I would play it again and give feedback!!! Also put it a nickname to don’t forget about it also now I know is yours I could put feedback more often. I normally not post when i don’t know author because many people don’t want me and my feedback in their posts.

1 Like

So my feedback in Space puppet is You are writing and interesting stuff. However… I can’t feel any role-playing option there. My mind goes against the options i found written. It is written with a very concrete perspective in mind. A goodie goodie trying to breaking the dependency. Any other option is punished with text emotions you don’t feel bad? Are you sure you don’t wanna help … and goes on and on. Finn is a stalker Jason is a taxing man Ariel is in middle life crisis and probably in a sexuality dilemma… Xena is like a robotic individual … My idea of Mara is someone that HATES THOSE VERMINS SURROUNDING HER … she want killed them sabotage them.She is starving for wipe them She is recovering autonomy but to the fanatic against those worms . She would be pro people who created them by own will. Like a nazi assassin

1 Like

More than enough for me to go on :wink: Thank you, Mara.

There will certainly be an option for her to do just that. (And then manipulate her creator into doing her bidding from the shadows.)

I’ll try to weed those out when I finally get around to rewriting the first few chapters. That might not be until some time next year or even the year after that though :sweat_smile: Progress isn’t going that smoothly, unfortunately.

Well you know that i don’t want you fell discouraged by my feedback. Setting and writing is good. However if you looking the text is unmistakably trying to lead players to a certain role. All that do you feel bad? Are you sure? Seem like a way to trying make me feel guilty and going for the Correct path and is a pity. I am imagining a mind totally fanatical about the supremacy and all that crap she was taught so much that surpasses her master so she would try to create a utopia or similar

1 Like

I know, and don’t worry, I’m stubborn to a fault. This project is one I really want to get finished one day, so I’m not going to drop it unless, you know, the sky comes falling down or something. :comet:

6 Likes

Hello. I just popped in to say that I’ve uploaded the playtest of this game and my side project to Dashingdon, to keep them playable now that dropbox is acting up.

Please post any feedback you might have on the relevant thread.

Progress for next update: (still far, far away)

Done for the next update:

• General plot for chapter 6, solitary imprisonment branch
  • All branches of Jason’s storyline
  • All branches of Finn’s storyline
  • Xena’s branch
  • 3 All branches of doc’s storyline
  • Rewritten some bits of Finn’s storyline in chapter 2.
  • Achievements

To do for the next update:

• Write ± 4 branches of Ariel’s storyline

(How do you add labels to playtests on Dashingdon, by the way?)

22 Likes

I feel like it’s obligatory for me to post this emoji: :heart_eyes:!

1 Like

Disclaimer:

You still can’t romance Jason as a male character.

1 Like

But I can still ogle him, right? :wink:

1 Like

You can, but I’d advice against it. (Heartbreak. Drama. Way too bothersome.)

2 Likes

But my MC doesn’t know any better… :cry: Well, one of his iterations doesn’t at least. :joy: The other ones’ll be going for Darius. I still want to pinch his cheeks.

1 Like

Any cheek-pinching will probably have to wait until the next chapter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yay this WIP was still alive :smiley:

1 Like

Barely. The last year of college didn’t leave me much time, and my job even less, so it could take a while before you can actually see any progress being made again.

3 Likes

Yay it’s sorta back I eagerly await the next update :grinning:

1 Like

Regarding the Jason/Darius thing, it is rather disappointing that the most important character is exclusively straight, while the “exclusively gay” character is much more minor, can die before they were even introduced, and isn’t so much “exclusively gay” as “same gender as the player” (meaning that we have no confirmation that he is even gay, because it’s not like he’s ever going to be rejecting a female MC). Don’t get me wrong; I enjoyed the game, its setting and characters, but I always get rather annoyed when the most important RO is straight.

2 Likes

Darius/Mylene are exclusively attracted to people of the same gender. Maybe I’ll make which one you get customizeable one day, but that’d add at least two more branches to the pile. (There are already… 20 something? I lost count…))

Oh, and because @Lithophene continued to use his (very convincing) puppy eyes on me the only romanceable character not introduced yet will be bi rather than straight. (Still with a preference for women, but hey, some people like a challenge. And villains. And emotional train wrecks…)

1 Like

That sounds absolutely delightful! :heart_eyes: I love challenges. I also love when characters have preferences and it’s actually mentioned, hehe. It’s fun knowing you convinced a character to go against them. :wink:

Fair enough; but it still doesn’t change the “Major character = Straight; Minor character = Gay” problem, which is still very apparent (including the fact that the minor gay character can die before you even meet them).

1 Like

If they’re alive they won’t continue to be a minor character. Give it some time.

(And some of the major characters might end up… Uhm, spoilers :innocent:)

6 Likes